PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place Of Meeting; A Sanctuary

3 posters

Go down

A Place Of Meeting; A Sanctuary    Empty A Place Of Meeting; A Sanctuary

Post by Waiting4Fall Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Bible Study Verse

Psalm 62:1

For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. (ESV)

Thoughts

Under any other situation being strapped to a tree twenty feet in the air would be considered a form of torture. But for the hunter, the tree stand is a place of comfort. It is a refuge from the mundane and a fortress for the beleaguered and a place of solitude for those who want to connect with God in His creation. It is a place of meeting; a sanctuary.

I have been bow hunting for thirty one years, ascending the rungs every fall. It may seem monotonous, but it is varied, different every time you step into the woods. One day, it may be perfect conditions filled with warm air, blue skies, a light wind, and a bed of dry leaves alerting me to any movement of a rutting buck. Or it could be the worst of conditions: cold, wet, windy, and the wrong moon phase, which negatively influences deer movement. These variables, combined with the adrenaline rush of seeing your first deer, are what make sitting in a tree stand for hours fun.

It's not only the thrill of the hunt that draws me to the tree stand. I go to sort out life's troubles and worries, free from distractions. It is the perfect fortress. It's not just the elevated vantage point or the concealment which makes it a great stronghold, but its location. A tree stand situated in the silence of the forest quiets my mind and filters out the noise of this modern world. I sift my problems and listen with an open heart to God's calling.

I write about the silence, but it is not a silence without sound. The woodland is filled with the flutter and crunch of leaves, scrambling squirrels, and the occasional squawk of a blue jay. It is in this noisy quiet where I connect with God in His creation. I'm surrounded by His handiwork and able to absorb the intricate care and detail that He puts into His living portrait. His creation demands praise and worship of the Creator, and often it is only in the tree stand where I can give that without a clouded heart. In this place of solitude, I allow God to reach deep into me and remove the things that drive me to the tree stand in the first place. I find comfort here.
(Mike T)

Action Point

The tree stand allows me to sort out the sophistication of adulthood, but also reminds me of the days of innocent adolescence, drawing out vivid remembrances of a young buck engaged in a rutting frenzy, missed shots, and climbing down early due to being scared of the darkening sky. Nestled in my tree stand I realize that the hunt is not just about my skill in the field, or the accuracy of my shot, but rather my proficiency in sorting life. My tree stand offers, something most venues do not, a discovery of the human soul.

The stand is a great place of solitude. It is an ideal place to get away from the distractions of life and the picture-perfect place to spend time communing with God. Don't let the hours in the woods pass you by without spending time in prayer, praising God, and allowing Him to search your heart.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Always wear a safety harness when hunting from a tree stand. Check out the new safety systems available at local hunting and outdoor stores. They are safer, more comfortable, and worth the financial investment.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Place Of Meeting; A Sanctuary    Empty Re: A Place Of Meeting; A Sanctuary

Post by Withered Oak Wed May 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Very good post. I feel that I have lived a privileged life by what I've seen, heard, and experienced in a deer stand. I hunt for the kill, but know it's not the kill that brings me back over and over to my perch in the trees. What else can compare with being a spectator of the creation of God? Perfection personified.

Withered Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by themarks56 Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:11 pm

I just found this post Dave, wow so true what you said here brother. Keep up the good work!

themarks56

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down