PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mature but only 5 Points

2 posters

Go down

Mature but only 5 Points Empty Mature but only 5 Points

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Shot this guy directly below my climber on October 3rd. He dropped, I kept looking at him wondering exaclty how many points he had. Then when I finally got down I was a liitle surprised because he only had 5 points. But to date, this was my largest body-size buck I ever harvested. Field dressed at 225lbs. Huge for West Michigan.
Attachments
Mature but only 5 Points Attachment
5pt.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(14 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Mature but only 5 Points Empty Re: Mature but only 5 Points

Post by SlowBow Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:13 pm

That's a great deer! It is also one of the reasons I oppose QDM mandates imposed as regulation. Most QDM regulations would prohibit the killing of a mature "cull buck" such as this, and he would be free to pass on the poor genetics he has for antler development his entire life. That's called high grading.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Yup.... now starting last fall bucks in Michigan must have at least 3 points on one side to be harvested, This guy would have BARELY made that benchmark. And in many hunting scenarios many hunters probably wouldn't notice that he had a third point and in turn would not shoot him. And then he'd still be out there breeding. My butcher said this buck was at least a 5 year old, so this was probably the best he was going to get.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down