PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Logged Public Land

2 posters

Go down

Hunting Logged Public Land Empty Hunting Logged Public Land

Post by Treetop Wed May 06, 2015 11:48 am

How do you guys scout and hunt public land that was logged in between seasons. I know a lot of tree tops are left on the ground which provides bedding for the deer and the newly grown undergrowth provides a source of browse for them. This area im referring to was logged pretty heavily, it was not just thinned out, 80% of the mature trees were cut mostly pines and some poplars. there are still some trees that are climbable would it be worth scouting and hunting how would you scout it?

Treetop

Back to top Go down

Hunting Logged Public Land Empty Re: Hunting Logged Public Land

Post by Treetop Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:50 pm

No one?

Treetop

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:48 am

I have a similar area here in Michigan that has been logged off this spring. My plan of attack is to find a spot inside the edge cover of the now open logged area, keeping prevailing winds in mind, and set up inside that edge maybe 20-60 yards. I'll probably hunt it the first few days of season then again during the rut. I'm hoping to find a nice acorn producing oak within that spot and some buck sign prior to season. It's hard to make a call on an area like that because its so new to you and to the deer. There have been other areas of the National Forest I hunt that were logged off about 5 to 7 years ago. And initially they were not that good. But now there are 10ft tall X-mas tree pines all over and it's relatively thick cover, so now it has gotten much better. So at least if it's no good this season it should progressively get better. Good Luck my friend.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down