PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Ever Use Salt/Mineral Blocks as an Attractant?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone Ever Use Salt/Mineral Blocks as an Attractant? Empty Anyone Ever Use Salt/Mineral Blocks as an Attractant?

Post by madeforthewoods Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Just wondering if anyone uses the salt/mineral blocks attract deer. I really haven't used them but was considering throwing out a few of them at a couple of my spots. Not sure how well they work, or if they may even scare deer away (?)
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Anyone Ever Use Salt/Mineral Blocks as an Attractant? Empty Re: Anyone Ever Use Salt/Mineral Blocks as an Attractant?

Post by north woods archer Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:26 pm

I know some private land guys that use salt blocks in the off season (not legal to hunt over bait in Maine). Deer cane salt/mineral block really pulls in the deer.
Personally I don't like the idea. But each to there own.
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Anyone Ever Use Salt/Mineral Blocks as an Attractant? Empty Re: Anyone Ever Use Salt/Mineral Blocks as an Attractant?

Post by madeforthewoods Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:23 pm

I've been reading that the best way to use them is to actually bury theme. That too me sounds like a better idea, rather than have it just sitting there sticking out like a sore thumb for every animal and other hunter to see. I'm thinking I may just try burying a one at just a couple select spots to see how well they actually work. Not gonna buy the $10 4 lb ones tho, I saw a guy on Youtube who bought a $6 50lb mineral block from feed store then split it into 8 equal sections to get 8 - approx. 4lb ones. Much cheaper
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Just throw a trace mineral block on the ground at a fairly wet spot and the deer will deer a hole for you.

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Yeah I bought a big 50lb trace mineral block from the local farm store and split it into smaller evenly sized sections. Gonna take a couple out after the next rain.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:59 pm

I like to look for a stump and also i like the smaller buck licker blocks u can findem at co-ops, feed stores and walmart when they put theyre huntin stuff out. I only use them for camera set up i make sure they r long gone before season starts
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Getting the big big block and splittin it into smaller sections worked awesome. I got 8 - 6lb blocks and I saved the ground up powder from drilling my pilot holes for splittin. So I got something to sprinkle around the area where I put the blocks.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down