PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Hunter from Kansas City

3 posters

Go down

New Hunter from Kansas City Empty New Hunter from Kansas City

Post by koboxerks Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Hello all,
I'm a brand new hunter from Kansas City. I was a professional boxer for about 10 years & decided to finish up college & become a firefighter. During this time I got interested in hunting. I've always wanted to hunt but never had the time & being that I have an obsessive personality, I really have to pick & choose where & what I decide to get into. I'd eventually like to get to where I don't buy any meat from the store & everything is harvested naturally. I recently bought my first bow & plan on doing all my hunting with a bow. Since I've made this decision I've been learning, researching, practicing, etc. because I want to strive to be the best hunter I can. I'm a very competitive & driven person that likes to push myself to the limit so I am going the fair chase/spot & stalk route. For example, Cameron Hanes, Remi Warren, & Steven Rinella are a few of the guys I'd like to immolate. I will be mainly hunting on public land & was even drawn to hunt the Marais Des Cygne Wildlife Refuge which is about 5,000 acres of land at my disposal. My parents have 15 acres of land that isn't conducive for hunting, but there is a lake near them, about 3 miles away, that is WIHA & according to the farmers & people around there, they've never heard of anybody hunting it. So my main goals are to harvest a couple deer this season to stock the freezer, get to Texas & kill a hog, then get in a deep hunt & bring home an elk. Well, that's just a little about me & my ambitions. I look forward to being part of this forum & learning as much as I can.

God Bless.
koboxerks
koboxerks

Back to top Go down

New Hunter from Kansas City Empty Re: New Hunter from Kansas City

Post by PineywoodsBow Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:11 am

Welcome to the Forum, and hunting in general!! We have plenty of hogs in Texas, take all you'd like!!
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Welcome to the forum kobo! We'd gladly let you get rid of all the hogs in Louisiana too! I take it that you live on the Kansas side of Kansas City since you talked about walk in areas. You couldn't have been born in a better place with all the public hunting available to you in just a short drive. You're smack dab in the middle of some of the best whitetail hunting in the country....Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri. I am just a tad bit envious. Happy hunting bro!
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down