PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guaranteed Way to See More Deer

2 posters

Go down

A Guaranteed Way to See More Deer Empty A Guaranteed Way to See More Deer

Post by madeforthewoods Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:22 am

So last season my cousin asked me for some help getting into bowhunting. I helped him get started by finding him a bow on eBay, camo, etc. I helped him hang a stand in a decent area and set him on the path. But, everytime we'd go hunting he'd almost always see no deer, or if he did it was maybe 1 or 2.

I figured he probably had some of the ansty-ness that a newby might but he swore up and down he wasn't moving alot. He's a smoker but never smoked in his stand and he took care of his hunting clothing properly. Still he was not seeing hardly any deer.

Then one evening I sat on the ground about 130 yards away from him. I saw 12 deer, 2 of which were bucks, all heading DIRECTLY to him. I knew there was no way he'd not see them. But when we got back to the truck he said he saw no deer .... again. Well on our way home we got into random conversatoin about things, and he made a comment about something he read on facebook. Then it hit me .....

I said "were you reading that on facebook in your treestand?" his response was an ignorant "yeah why?" to which I said "just wondering".

Next morning I hunted 130 yards away from him again. Only this time I snuck in to his spot right after daylight. Guess what I saw, or should I say NEVER saw, I never saw him look up from his phone once. He was on it the ENTIRE time, texting, facebooking, whatever. That is why he never saw deer. They were walking right passed him but he never noticed.

So, the guaranteed way to see more deer, LEAVE YOUR DAMN PHONE IN THE TRUCK!!!! or at least in your pocket. If your there to hunt then hunt. If you bring your phone for emergencies then save it for that purpose. I can just imagine the number of deer the smart phone craze has saved.

Needless to say, he started turning it off and you'll never guess what happened then, He started seeing deer! AMAZING!!!
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

A Guaranteed Way to See More Deer Empty Re: A Guaranteed Way to See More Deer

Post by Parkersdad Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:10 pm

I have been guilty of that a time or two. Later in the season when the deer don't move as much I'll cut my phone on to check football scores and then look up and the deer are looking at me. Ha ha

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum