PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Twain Cedar Creek Unit

Go down

Mark Twain Cedar Creek Unit Empty Mark Twain Cedar Creek Unit

Post by bowonly Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Let me start by saying I've been hunting public land in Missouri for the past 7 yrs and have absolutely loved it. So this upcoming year I am planning on changing locations, not because of disappointment in the area we were hunting, just for a change of scenery. Did quite a bit of research and calling around and had decided to give the Mark Twain National Forest Cedar Creek Unit a go. But one thing that is discouraging me , once I got the map in, is the fact that the majority of this area is private land. The public portions of the this section of Mark Twain in Callaway Co are scattered and not very large in area. Should I let this discourage me. Do any of you have any input on the amount of pressure these areas get during the first 2 weeks of November prior to the firearm season? I know the area has lots of potential, I just worry about having lots of company on these small sections of public property. The other 2 areas that are under consideration if this area doesn't work out are Four Rivers CA and the lands surrounding Truman Reservoir. I would greatly appreciate any input. Thank you.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Mark Twain Cedar Creek Unit Empty Re: Mark Twain Cedar Creek Unit

Post by bowonly Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:18 am

Just returned from my trip and the deer movement was a bit subdued due to the warmer than normal weather conditions. Between the 3 of us that hunted we ended up with 5 deer being brought back to Louisiana. One of the guys in the group killed a nice 120ish 8pt along with 2 does, the other guy killed a doe and I ended up with a doe and a bad memory of losing a decent buck. I am beginning to think the Midwest has a curse on me. LOL!
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down