PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New hunting opportunity

2 posters

Go down

New hunting opportunity Empty New hunting opportunity

Post by stickbndr Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:20 pm

The WMA land I usually hunt has been inundated with dog hunters lately so I decided to try a section of PALS land (Public Access Lands for Sportsmen) the State has acquired for hunting. This is a newer program where the State acquires private land for public use. So far they have over 32,000 acres in four counties. I live near the smallest piece (260 acres) which is bow-only, season Oct-March. I only had 1/2 a day to check it out but it looks promising. 95% hardwood, rolling ridges. Being real breezy that day I tried some still hunting to check the place out. Had one doe feeding to me at about 40 yrds but the wind was swirling so...you know what happened next. A little bit later when cresting a ridge I ran into a buck feeding. But he was quicker than me. There was only one other hunter there. The land is what they call "Self-governing". Only 5 trucks allowed and you are supposed to mark where you will be on a map provided at the parking area. So in all it wasn't a bad day. I feel this piece of land will be better in the early season or Feb-March.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

New hunting opportunity Empty Re: New hunting opportunity

Post by Plumpy38 Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Good morning stickbndr, I'm new to the forum, I actually signed up a few years ago, but wasn't that interested in hunting because I had just relocated to North Carolina. I wish they did something like that here. I was only able to hunt two days this past archery season. Things have slowed down for me now and I was able to put three day in around Thanksgiving and will have three more this Christmas, But I'm having the same problem. They run dogs a lot where I'm at (southern area) and there is no more permits left for archery only areas.

Plumpy38

Back to top Go down

Post by stickbndr Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:34 pm

What about hog hunting in the western parts of the state? Would that allow you extra time in the woods? If your interested in them.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down