PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you hunt?

+8
crooketarrow
PineywoodsBow
Waiting4Fall
TN hunter
NanookOdaNorth
vortex1
Cbigbear
Wolfshead
12 posters

Go down

Why do you hunt? Empty Why do you hunt?

Post by Wolfshead Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:05 am

I am a public school PE teacher
I have coached High School football for 26 years
Since "retiring" from coaching I have time to do things that I have not had since around the age of 14.
I have started to return to the places that I really feel comfortable "the woods"
When I was a kid it was always called "outback"
I am beginning this new phase of hunting in my life because I love the comfort of being in the woods. I always could depend on the woods to be what it was. It always felt that it was the woods that was where I belonged.
I am really getting tired of the extreme structured schedule of my daily life as a teacher.
I am constantly required to be in a certain place at a certian time for a certain amount of time with certain kids every weekday.
returning to nature etc is why I am pursuing this next adventure

That being said:
Why do you hunt?
Wolfshead
Wolfshead
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Why do you hunt? Empty Re: Why do you hunt?

Post by Cbigbear Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:27 am

Same reason I take breathes - because I need to. Very Happy
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Man is drawn to the land by the power of god, Its natural and it is right. I hunt because i was meant to, it is a part of me and without the the woods and the wild things, i'd go crazy or die.
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:46 pm

The hunter in me will always follow my heritage and chase my freedom!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Preach on Vortex x2. Since I was a little boy I have had a love for the woods and nature it is in my soul and it will be there till my dieing day. I can't explain why it is. It just is I belong there and feel safe there. That is why I hunt and the deer meat is awesome to!
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:07 pm

why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason other predators hunt, because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of thousands of generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter
Finn Aagard
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:47 am

I'm in good company as I hunt for the same reasons. Love the solitude of the woods and especially morning hunts as you get to watch God's creation come alive! Very Happy
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by crooketarrow Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:26 am

I also my whole life have trived NOT to follow the clock. My old lady wiuse to say now be home by then or when ever. She gave that up years ago.

There's just no way for me to answer than with saying a few things. It's just as a Whole from building everything I need for hunting tothe year to year 365 days a year of getting readly. To just getting into mature bucks zone by design and doing what you have to do. To 100's of other little things that are stwisted into my way of liveing which boarders around the outdoors.
THERE'S JUST REALLY NO WAY FOR ME TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION.

crooketarrow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:23 pm

I think my main reason to hunt is for the healthy year supply of meat! I do not buy meat in the supermarkets since I know what kind of horror stories exist in the industrial food system. However, If I could no longer eat the meat for any reason, such as toxic or no hunting allowed. I would still be climbing mountains and sitting still to see wildlife on its terms.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by lastoftheloaners Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:25 pm

why do i hunt ? because i get tired of fishing all the time. Very Happy
just looked at my agenda for october it says hunt,hunt,hunt, fish , hunt, hunt, fish, hunt hunt nope no where do i find work or a honey-do. Smile

lastoftheloaners

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbeard Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:45 am

This pretty much says it all for me....

“And, in the end when I can no longer draw the bow or watch the arrow embark its flight. When alas I possess only the spirit of the hunter, I will hunt...if only in my dreams...because the hunt is born amidst my soul, and I...I am a hunter.”

Peter Iacavazzi

Longbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwoodslayer Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I share the same sentiments as you all. I hunt because I am drawn to places wild, to pursue all things wild, while being part of the wild by an inexplicble force! I am from a very long line of hunters/ outdoorsmen. I need to be outdoors hunting as much as I need to eat, breathe. It is who I am since a young age (5). My Uncle's passed down their skills to me and I honored them by not only perfecting theirs, but inventing my own. I live for sunsets and sunrises, the sound of a deer making it way thru crunching leaves towards you, the anticipation of how big the deer is making those sounds. I live for the smell of autmn, the mystical flight of the arrow. I crave the preparation of the hunt and finally, the taking of game that will be my table fare. I thank God with all of my herat and soul for letting me be a participant in the real world adn reaping th eharvest of his bounty. With that being said, I pray all of my Bowhunting Blood brothers full quivers, true arrows, quick bloodtrails, and peace in your hunting grounds. Be safe.
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by crooketarrow Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:29 am

I can't see the meat thing because you'd be paying about $50.00 a pound once to figgered up everything. Heck gas alone would would make meat cost that.

crooketarrow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:46 pm

I think WE need to ask ourselves another question. While some of us have the means to some private land, and rifle's or muzzyloaders, why do we pull out our hair on public land with a bow? I ask myself that every time I drive back empty handed.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfshead Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:45 am

Traditional
I want it as simple as can be.
I feel that, as I have read Dave say somewhere, "it is about the journey, and not just the destination"
Wolfshead
Wolfshead
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down