PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ok indiana whats the deal with

5 posters

Go down

ok indiana whats the deal with Empty ok indiana whats the deal with

Post by lubovich86 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:13 pm

so i dont know if im the only one one who gets mad about this but it really angers me to go to the processor out here in porter county and see more spike fork an button bucks laying there. why do people keep shooting all the small potential big bucks? please stop shooting the smallest baby buck you can shoot
lubovich86
lubovich86

Back to top Go down

ok indiana whats the deal with Empty Re: ok indiana whats the deal with

Post by sethro02 Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:07 am

hey my name is seth this is my first post....i think your hunting location is similar to my hometown,,,if it's brown its down is for sure their slogan! Indiana will never be able to compete with our surrounding states in size of mature bucks....we have the same terrain and agriculture as the other states...we can grow nice mature deer but i dont think it will ever happen!

sethro02

Back to top Go down

Post by lubovich86 Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:05 pm

no we will never have huge bucks in indiana do to the people i have described. i have takin a nice buck every year i have hunted an seen some nice shooter bucks, no record deer but decent wall hangers. people just take the first set of antlers they see. why not just take a doe? its the lack of patients people have. welcome to the the board
lubovich86
lubovich86

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller-TD#2 Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Mainly it is because they are trigger happy. They want to get theirs before the other guy gets his.....last year I let a small 6x6 walk on an invited private land hunt. I told the owner and he shot it the next weekend, even after I made the comment that he would make a good 8x8/10x10 in a few years......

....who knows....
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by countryboy85 Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Mainly, at least for the areas that I hunt, it's getting harder and harder to get permission to hunt private land, and the little bit of public land nearby gets flooded with hunters just wanting to tag out as quickly as possible regardless of size or age of the deer. I've been saying for a few years now that Indiana needs to adopt a better management program. The one buck rule was a step in the right direction. Now maybe to restrict bucks to number of points, or something along those lines?

countryboy85

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 pm

I have to totally disagree with imposed, regulated, or mandatory QDM. We have this same disscusion in my home State, and it bothers me that some want to impose their ideas of game management on others.

While I let many 18 month and two year old bucks walk, this should be a decision of the hunter, not a law. No one should be opposed to anyone hunting or taking a buck legally, regardless of the size of it's rack.

QDM is a great personal choice, but hunting should not be about the commercialization of "big racks" to sell products, and restrictions designed to prevent hunters that do not have the required skill or experience necessary to take an older buck from taking the ones they do encounter.

This makes QDM more about what YOU may be able to get. There is no sound biological reason for QDM management of deer, it simply is not necessary for a balanced herd. It is more about ego and lust for more bone.

Hunting should not be changed from its roots to provide meat and sustenance through regulation ( point restrictions and the like) to simply satisfy the ego of the greedy few interested in racks alone.

I begrudge no one a legal kill to fill the freezer, even if it's a button buck or spike.

If managing deer from a QDM perspective is something you want to do, great, get some land, plant some food plots, pass on every buck you see waiting for a bigger one, more power to you. But those ideals should not be imposed on others ,who may simply wish to fill the freezer, by law.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down