PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human urine

+10
Saxton
bowman72
Kodiakk
TN hunter
stickbndr
9 point
SlowBow
bowmad100
Waiting4Fall
ECasella1981
14 posters

Go down

Human urine Empty Human urine

Post by ECasella1981 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:42 pm

i figure this would be the right forum for this topic. i want to hear your opinions on human urine scent and the effect on deer. i know its been discussed elsewhere before, didn't see anything on the boards here. some say that human urine doesn't bother the deer, others say deer find it curious, i've also heard people freshen scrapes with it. to me it would be a giveaway to a deer that a predator is in the area. am i wrong? what are your opinions/experiences?
ECasella1981
ECasella1981

https://www.facebook.com/eddie.casella

Back to top Go down

Human urine Empty Re: Human urine

Post by Waiting4Fall Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:20 pm

I have/do pee from the stand, and in scrapes. I have never, once, seen it scare a deer. To each his own. Urine breaks down into urea. Ammonia works in scrapes too.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/biochemistry/f/What-Is-The-Chemical-Composition-Of-Urine.htm
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bowmad100 Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:28 am

in 15 min pee is pee. i do the same. i have made more then one buck mad by peeing in there scapes. an old guy told me it work good and i have seen it work. got my biggest buck doing this. google it a few universaty have look in to it.
bowmad100
bowmad100

https://www.youtube.com/user/bowmad100?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:46 am

I always use a bottle. While I do understand that male urine does produce the same chemicals as any other animal, cagey whitetails wont always react as you think.

For one thing, being in a treestand for a large part keeps all your scent above the deer, not so if you pee on the ground.

A lot of pressured deer avoid any odd or new scent. I've seen deer spook at the scent of deer pee, does especially avoid the scent of male urine unless they are right on the edge of estrous looking to breed. I'm sure deer also avoid the scent of yote and bear urine as well.While you might make a young buck curious, an old public land bruiser is simply going to fade into the woodwork at a whiff of that scent.

You really are reducing your odds if you urinate on the ground.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 9 point Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:02 pm

I have peed from my stand and in every scrape I can for YEARS and have been blessed with some nice deer for my wall.
9 point
9 point

Back to top Go down

Post by stickbndr Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:48 am

Now I do carry a bottle to pee in but I have never noticed a difference with the deer when going off my stand or in a scrape. They have stopped to smell but never alerted to my knowledge.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:52 pm

My pee always smells more like coffee than pee.
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:13 pm

I have been curious about this topic for some time. I have heard both sides and method's I have only used a bottle because I am very scent weary. But maybe I don't need to worry all that much. I'm not sure i am still in my infancy as a hunter.
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodiakk Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:27 am

I pee in scrapes and actually make new scrapes in likely places using a stick and my pee. Get bucks refreshing them all the time.

Kodiakk

Back to top Go down

Post by bowman72 Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 am

I pee in mock scrapes and get some of my best buck trailcampics that way. Try it, you'll be surprised.

bowman72

Back to top Go down

Post by Saxton Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:15 pm

I peed into a scrape that I had a camera on. That very night I had a fox and a buck in the scrape.

Last year a 1/2 an hour after peeing from the stand I had 2 bucks come by from 2 different directions. One of them was a stud; but never got a shot due to being a bone head.(needs a post just for that!)

The buck I killed this year came about an hour after peeing. Did my pee bring them in...doubt it. BUT it did not scare him AT ALL.

Saxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller-TD#2 Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Saxton wrote:I peed into a scrape that I had a camera on. That very night I had a fox and a buck in the scrape.

Last year a 1/2 an hour after peeing from the stand I had 2 bucks come by from 2 different directions. One of them was a stud; but never got a shot due to being a bone head.(needs a post just for that!)

The buck I killed this year came about an hour after peeing. Did my pee bring them in...doubt it. BUT it did not scare him AT ALL.

hahaha!! Interesting. I think I have acid pee[rain] i started todo this and have failed to see anything, I did see the regular does and two young bucks sunday, but it was also raining off/on as well...

who knows.....
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha burnt Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 am

Call me crazy but I have observed no adverse reactions from deer to #1 or #2 in the woods. Have not tried with mature bucks though...Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do

alpha burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetailwick Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:08 pm

I dont carry a backpack in the woods,and sure dont want a pee bottle in my pocket,I just scape the gound and pee in it, then cover it up. scent maybe covered up,plus fresh dirt smell on boots.Ive heard good and bad about human pee,I just dont want to take chances.

whitetailwick

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:06 am

I was hunting in January with about 6-8 inches of snow on the ground about 12 years ago. When I got down from the stand for the evening I had to go bad. I walked by a location of a scrape that got tore up during the rut so I stopped there and let it fly. There were no tracks or any evidence of deer activity in the area. I came back to hunt the same stand the next weekend and there had been a couple snowfalls during the week. When I walked by the old scrape, it was dug up to the ground and there were deer tracks coming and going. I stirred up a scrape in January by just peeing in the snow. I have only peed in a bottle a couple times since then. I try to pee in a scrape on the way in to the stand. If I don't have a scrape to pee in I make one.
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum