PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never alone!

3 posters

Go down

Never alone! Empty Never alone!

Post by Bchadwick1990 Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Was in the woods with my bow this evening and I hear the crunch of leaves. I get ready and see orange! The hunter never saw me, and I never whistled. Ended up seeing a doe about an hour and 15 minutes later. Just when I thought I was far enough back where no one else would walk. Gotta love public land! Going back in the morning! (Different area!) Laughing
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Never alone! Empty Re: Never alone!

Post by PineywoodsBow Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:37 pm

I hear ya. This is my 3rd season hunting public land, and I have learned the same lesson. I have resigned to hunting sign closer in, but middweek, this helps some. I see your from Texas, which WMA do you hunt?
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bchadwick1990 Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:34 pm

I only live about 5 minutes from Oklahoma so I do all of my public land hunting there. There isn't any Texas public hunting land close to me better than my 30 minute drive into Oklahoma other than Cooper Lake (never hunted it but have friends that do).
Bchadwick1990
Bchadwick1990
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by JAPetry86 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 am

This time of year in WV it is typical to see squirrel hunters moseying about through the woods and around my stand, however, keep in mind that if we see them and keep quiet and move along without being detected, deer surely do the same thing. Some of the wisest deer lay undetected year after year due to being smart. Sure, its a pain having someone walk right in around your stand, but this also provides pressure to move deer and lots of times doesn't disturb deer due to their keen senses and ability to remain bedded in areas with thick cover.
JAPetry86
JAPetry86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum