PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled!

+4
Posted Boy Gallego
PineywoodsBow
Waiting4Fall
lungbuster123
8 posters

Go down

First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled! Empty First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled!

Post by lungbuster123 Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 am

Haven't had much time to hunt this year because of work but most of my hunts this year have been good and we have been seeing deer. This morning I setup on a powerline with some young thick planted pines on one side and more mature pines with thick underbrush on the other side. I noticed yesterday when I checked on this area that is was covered up with scrapes and rubs with two main scrapes along the edge of the powerline. This morning was nice and cool with the right wind so I decided to give it a shot. About an hour after day light I looked up and saw a big bodied deer about 250 yards down the powerline and got my rangefinder up just in time to see some horn as he shot over to the other side. I never expected this deer to hear my calls but I grabbed my grunt call and hit it real loud a few times then sat back down just in time to see him come tearing out of the woods and follow the opposite edge. I hit it a few more times and he was coming in hard....he crossed to my side of the powerline about 60 yards out and hit the trail I laid with some Trophy Blend Whitetail Herd (first year trying it but it worked!) he followed into 20 yards. I drew on him and he spooked a little to about 30 yards and stopped to look back one last time when I let him have it. The Rage 2 blade made a mess of him....he toted it 80 yards and never made it off the powerline! Not to bad for an AL public land buck!

First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled! Save3-6

First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled! Save-5

First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled! Save2-8

First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled! Save5-6

First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled! DSC_0050

lungbuster123
lungbuster123

Back to top Go down

First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled! Empty Re: First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled!

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 am

That's great, congrats! Smile
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled! Empty Re: First deer of the season and buck tag #1 filled!

Post by PineywoodsBow Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 am

That's what it's all about right there! Nice buck, way to whack em!
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 am

Beautiful buck. I need to check out the powerlines by me. That last pic looks just wrong though lol.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by lungbuster123 Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 am

Posted Boy Gallego wrote:Beautiful buck. I need to check out the powerlines by me. That last pic looks just wrong though lol.

That's the you just got owned look lol
lungbuster123
lungbuster123

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:49 am

Congrats!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 am

Nice buck! Congrats!
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtdobber Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Awesome buck, good story to!

dirtdobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodiakk Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:43 am

Very nice deer!

Kodiakk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum