PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hudson Valley sleeper spot

3 posters

Go down

Hudson Valley sleeper spot Empty Hudson Valley sleeper spot

Post by Tiny52 Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Hudson Valley sleeper spot Tech
Got this guy first day in. took 3 in 3 over two year period.

Easy pickin's when you have common law standards on your side Laughing
If this property is still listed for sale then it is very likely still unposted and therefore accessible according to the NY trespass laws.... which state that if property is unposted it can be accessed. If you are asked to leave you have to BUT... this property had been for sale for over 20 years last I was there and the property sellers were a firm in NYC. Worth checking out IMO.

Here is your stand....

Head north on the taconic parkway until you come to the route 55 exit. exit the parkway the then take the east bound 55 ramp. after entering onto Route 55 you will turn left and prepare to turn into the planet fitness parking lot on left right away.

Parking will be the trick (maybe) and if you cant park there then you will have to park somewhere else and get back to the planet fitness parking lot because this is where you need to start off.

With planet fitness to your back, walk directly across the road and to the right of the pines. walk in about 20 yards and then look for the area that is made up of larger pines on your left. follow that pine row for maybe 40 yards and then start looking for an opening on your left. this trail is about 3 years old so it may be a bit grown in but it was a very good trim job and I doubt you will not find it.

If you cannot find the trail then take notice of the fact that when facing left, you have a slight elevation on you right and the trees there are mostly hardwoods while on your left, they are mostly soft woods. Walk the divide between the two types of trees until you come to a fence line. This is an old and abandoned fence line so look good or you might miss it Arrow Maybe a total of 100 - 140 yards or a bit more should be about where you will see it.

When you get to the fence line turn right and stay on the right side of the fence as you move forward. You will be traveling slightly down hill and then it will turn to slightly uphill (maybe 70 yards total) and then you will come to the top of this area. looking forward you will see an opening that is an old tote road and it is the only place that is clear of growth in this area. The road travels east and west as you come to it.

Turn right and there are a few trees that are limbed and ready for you. when you turn right only go about 20 yards and the trees are going to be one the right hand side of the road. Deer will cross all around you here so be ready. very hot all day stand.

If you live in this area you might want to take advantage of that planet fitness cheap membership just to be able to pack Cool
Yes it will be worth it.

Have fun!

Tiny52
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Hudson Valley sleeper spot Empty Re: Hudson Valley sleeper spot

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:26 am

lol Tiny, you're def old school. thats how hunting was done back in the day. no sign, walk on in. As a kid, I followed my dad/godfather in like that alot. I always hated the feeling though of not really belonging there. it feels so much better and comfortable to be somewhere you know you have all the right to be in.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny52 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Posted Boy Gallego wrote:lol Tiny, you're def old school. thats how hunting was done back in the day. no sign, walk on in. As a kid, I followed my dad/godfather in like that alot. I always hated the feeling though of not really belonging there. it feels so much better and comfortable to be somewhere you know you have all the right to be in.

I don't go on anyone's land unless it is legal .... which (by NY law) it is in this case. I also don't go into land that is owned by an individual (out of respect) regardless of the law.
This is a land broker held property and I have no issues with that.

I know what you are saying though Wink

Tiny52
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by mspaci Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:44 am

best to keep these a secret, I know the exact spot, never hunted it, just always wondered if there were fish in that stream. I went by there yesterday on my way to poughkeepsie. Guess what, new posted signs are up. Mike

mspaci

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down