PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Land Turkey Hunting

2 posters

Go down

Public Land Turkey Hunting Empty Public Land Turkey Hunting

Post by aschlader09 Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Is anyone else gearing up for some public land turkey hunting during the May archery only season? This will be my first year hunting turkeys in Minnesota so i opted for the late archery season in may due to the fact that you can hunt the last 4 or 5 time periods (basically the entire month of may) instead of just one week. I am from Michigan and had great experiences and some success hunting turkeys on public land there. I always hunted in April though, through the permit lottery because i always got a permit and there was not such a liberal may season archery option. Has anyone experienced much success in the May season with calling and decoying gobblers, or are they pretty much done strutting and seeking hens here by then? Any tips or tricks unique to the late season that have worked for anyone?

Good luck to everyone trying to put a tag on a long beard this spring!

aschlader09

Back to top Go down

Public Land Turkey Hunting Empty Re: Public Land Turkey Hunting

Post by SlowBow Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:12 pm

I do 99% of my turkey hunting on public land. While most of it is done with a shotgun, I have had great luck later in the season. I'm in Maryland, and have killed birds coming in to a call as late as May 12 here, I think you'd be in prime time up north. Many times I've seen hens with hatched poults in the woods and the gobblers will still work well to a call.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down