PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Best Shot On A Deer

4 posters

Go down

My Best Shot On A Deer Empty My Best Shot On A Deer

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:46 pm

This is from several years ago, pre trad bow. I was in a creek bottom at Amherst WMA, it was a cold/wet December day. I was in the stand before the sun rose. It was raining/spitting snow quite a lot. Around 1 pm, a pair of button bucks walk up the creek bottom. It was a deep creek bottom, somewhat sheltering us from the high winds that day.

These two decide to bed down about 30 yds from me. They stay there for over 2 hours. I'm about to turn into a block of ice, & decided to take a shot. My shot, at the bedded buck was just under him. They get up & trot farther up toward the mouth of the "hollar". The back buck stopped in some brush, looking around. I had the smallest hole in the brush to shoot thru. I let it go, & was sure I missed him.

I was done & was going to head home. I went to go get my arrow, & couldn't see it. I the saw a drop of blood. This guy was 50 yds farther up, with an arrow sticking in him. It was a perfect quartering away shot. That shot was 45 yds thru thick brush, instinctive, my best shot I've ever made on an animal. That was #1 of 5 my first year shooting instinctive.

It was a hellacious drag to get that deer to the truck. Thru a creek, over/under blown down trees. In all It took me a couple hours to get to the road with him. That was some "sweet meat!"

My Best Shot On A Deer Buttonbuck
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Best Shot On A Deer Empty Re: My Best Shot On A Deer

Post by Cbigbear Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Nice shot. My best to date is 35 yards.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:58 pm

I think a 45 yard shot is a great shot but went you add instinctive and brush I think it's remarkable.
My best was a 45 yard shot.
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:23 pm

My best with trad bow is 35 yards, 50 yards with wheels.. I only take 20 yards or less now... Because My main goal is get them close.

Back to top Go down

Post by tntom Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:55 pm

This is a good thread how far we shoot is a question we all must ask our self and answer for our self. I've heard guys preach never shoot over 20yds no matter what I don't agree with that you know your skill and you should decide if the shot is one you cam make. With that said I've never killed a deer over 20yds I like em close I shoot my compound well out to 30yds but with my longbow 20 is the max and 15 is much better.

Tom

tntom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down