PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting bikes

5 posters

Go down

Hunting bikes  Empty Hunting bikes

Post by dthbyhoyt Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:03 am

Anybody use a bike to get to and from stand ? Pic's ? Ideas ? Just bought a bike today off craigslist and am going to add bow racks to it to use in Ohio , also will be making a trailer to haul behind it to carry stand in & out .
dthbyhoyt
dthbyhoyt

Back to top Go down

Hunting bikes  Empty Re: Hunting bikes

Post by dthbyhoyt Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:05 am

Oh yea , here is the bike I bought today , only paid $40.00 for it .

Hunting bikes  MtnBike
dthbyhoyt
dthbyhoyt

Back to top Go down

Post by msaskins Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:52 pm

I've thought about doing this. John Eberhart's son Jon uses a bike to get in deep on public land and I've been thinking it over this past season.
My walk's only about a mile but there are a few other places I want to check out this Jan/Feb for nest year then I'll definitely be looking into biking in.
I'd like to see some bikes as well if anyone's doing this.
msaskins
msaskins
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Great thread, you're gettin "repped" for this one Smile ! I used to do this, when I first started bowhunting public land. Then, as seen in my recent video, I started carrying everything & the kitchen sink!

Well guess what, I have a brand new setup now, for all my future hunts. I have found, FINALLY, my perfect bowhunting gear setup. I will share it with everyone this weekend. It will once again allow me to use my mtn bike, to get crazy deep where few dare go! I'll be able to use it for turkey hunting this Spring, & can't wait!

Here's links I found on this subject.
http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=091743

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/2010/09/24/hunting_hunting-gear_ra_0808_08/

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=091681

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 pm

On tradgang there is a few that uses bikes to get around. I'm looking for an Adult 3wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:31 pm

I use a bike in the early season when it's dry. Later in the year well mud + hills doesn't make for good biking. The only mod I've done to the bike is add gun holders for my bow.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwoodslayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 pm

I've read an article in the past on this subject. The author claimed that after he shot a deer he would put the head on the handlebars and place the body cavity of the deer on the seat, then ride on the back of the deer to leave the woods. Seems like a guy would like to train in the summer before trying that out. I train/ workout in the off season but when it comes time to drag deer out, still is hard.
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by dthbyhoyt Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Northwoodslayer wrote:I've read an article in the past on this subject. The author claimed that after he shot a deer he would put the head on the handlebars and place the body cavity of the deer on the seat, then ride on the back of the deer to leave the woods. Seems like a guy would like to train in the summer before trying that out. I train/ workout in the off season but when it comes time to drag deer out, still is hard.

will be getting a pull behind cart made for bike to haul stand / deer on ..
dthbyhoyt
dthbyhoyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down