PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping your feet warm

+3
Waiting4Fall
Spauldo
Uncle Bob
7 posters

Go down

Keeping your feet warm Empty Keeping your feet warm

Post by Uncle Bob Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:08 pm

The only problem I have is keeping my feet warm in my stand. That's the only thing that will make me leave early. Does anyone have a solution?
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Keeping your feet warm Empty Re: Keeping your feet warm

Post by Spauldo Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:03 pm

I live in a really cold place. Circulation and making a warm air pocket ALL the way around the foot is the key. The expensive version Sorel boots with liners. http://www.sorel.com/Men%27s-Maverick%E2%84%A2/NM1080,default,pd.html
Up side is being able to swap out liners and you have laces.

Cheap version. Oversize rubber boots (I use lacrosse with the airbob soles, the benefit here is it does not conduct heat throught the bottom of the boots into whatever you are standing on, the sorels have the same sole which is GREAT in snow by the way) in these slightly larger rubber boots put a felt or wool insert then wear a thin pair of wool socks under a pair of all wool 'puffy socks'. This serves to support the foot as well as provide cushion to fill the space between your foot and the rubber boot. On really cold sits I put the 'sticky' toe warmers used for skiing in between my thin and thick wool socks. I can post pictures of my set up if it will help you and the brotherhood out there. If your feet are cold after all this, then you most likely have poor blood circulation to your feet and we will talk about the next level which is battery powered socks or VB boots. I do not recommend starting there however. Let me know how this works out. Grace

Last edited by Spauldo on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:13 pm

I use these boots with the best wool socks Cabelas sells. It has been the magic bullet for me.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Predator-Extreme-Pac-Boots-150-BrownMossy-Oak-Break-Up-Infinity/1217229.uts?WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=909932&destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct.jsp%3FproductId%3D721730%26type%3Dproduct%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26searchPath%3D%252Fcatalog%252Fsearch.cmd%253Fform_state%253DsearchForm%2526N%253D0%2526fsch%253Dtrue%2526Ntk%253DAllProducts%2526Ntt%253Dheavy%252Bwool%252Bsocks%2526WTz_l%253DHeader%25253BSearch-All%252BProducts%26Ntt%3Dheavy%2Bwool%2Bsocks%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&WTz_l=YMAL%3BIK-812786
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Dont laugh but this works. You can buy cayenne pepper capsules at any grocery or pharmacy. Bust a couple and shake em in your boots before you put em on.
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 pm

My main probably is sweating feet. I could wear sandals in 30 deg weather walk just a little bit and my feet would start sweating. I have found the cheap diabetic socks they sell at the dollar store help. Guess I'm lucky it doesn't get really cold down here.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:57 am

Try the unscented antipersperant spray for you feet.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:58 pm

That's what my problem is too, sweaty feet. I tried unscented antipersperant spray on my feet this year and it helped but only so long. I've never tried the lighter socks under heavier I will this year.
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Smile Space in the boot is key with two pair. If not, you can sweat and the sweat is held close to the feet. With Space it has a chance to move away from the skin. Hope it works for you!! Try super thin and medium weight first. Then midweight and 'puffy'.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:04 am

OK, thanks I'll give that a try. Very Happy
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:29 am

Uncle Bob, I used to have a problem with cold feet, but now I wear a pair of regular tube socks on my way into the stand, then I take them off and put on a polypropylene liner sock and a heavy wool sock over that before I put my Muck boots back on. Some of my close hunting buddies swear by the Muck Woody Max, but I do well with the Muck marshland boot. They claim to be comfortable to -20 degrees..I haven't been out in -20, but my feet haven't froze in 0 degree weather yet.

Last edited by NanookOdaNorth on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : korekt speeeling arror)
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TradbowInOregon Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:13 pm

I mostly spot and stalk so, since being on the move, I don't really have an issue with my feet staying warm. I also wear a good pair of wool socks.
TradbowInOregon
TradbowInOregon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down