PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schell-Osage CA

3 posters

Go down

Schell-Osage CA Empty Schell-Osage CA

Post by bowonly Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Looking for some info on Schell-Osage CA in Missouri. Anybody ever hear anything about this place? Just got a great report about it from a source that I'm not sure is reliable. I'm wanting to confirm or refute the information I have been given. I typically make a trip to MO every year and am always looking for new ground to hunt. Any info would be appreciated.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Schell-Osage CA Empty Re: Schell-Osage CA

Post by Waiting4Fall Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:36 am

Hope some of this helps. There looks to be lot's of info on google, but I'm @ work & they block a lot of stuff.

http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/moatlas/AreaSummaryPage.aspx?txtAreaID=5701

http://extra.mdc.mo.gov/documents/area_brochures/5701map.pdf

www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=82356

MISSOURI

Missouri's bow-only areas total well over 100,000 acres of whitetail hunting opportunity on more than 140 tracts. The larger tracks include the 12,960-acre Four Rivers Conservation Area, the 7,531-acre Schell-Osage Conservation Area and the 7,188-acre Drury-Mincy Conservation Area.

The 6,300-acre Reform Conservation Area also produces trophy whitetails because it has been open to bowhunters only for three decades. Despite its trophy buck potential, and that fact that it regularly draws out of state hunters, the Reform area has moderate hunting pressure.

You best tactic here is to hang tree stands along the routes whitetails travelwhentheyventurefromtheReform area's wooded hills and hollows to nearby private croplands. The crops are on the north end this property where the land slopes into the rich earth of the Missouri River breaks. You'll need to be on your game, because the whitetails here get plenty of pressure from hunters on adjacent private land.

License fees: Resident $19.00; nonresident $225. Contact: Missouri Department of Conservation 573-882-9909; mdc.mo.gov.

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:10 am

Thanks a bunch Dave!
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by msaskins Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:02 am

Never hunted there, but I've talked with a few guys who have killed deer in there consistently.
I'll talk to them again in the next week or two and see how much info they want to give away . . .
Looks like a great piece of land from the maps.
msaskins
msaskins

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:57 am

That would be much appreciated. From the maps it looks like a place I would love to hunt. Just want to make sure it's worth giving up hunting the CA I've been hunting in Northern MO.
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by msaskins Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:19 pm

I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone to ask them about it.
Sorry - I'll keep trying.
msaskins
msaskins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum