PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guido's Web Questions

4 posters

Go down

Guido's Web Questions Empty Guido's Web Questions

Post by DeepSouthHunter Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:45 am

Greetings to all Guido's Web users! I am a tree saddle owner and am now a proud owner of lightly used one year old web in size XL Tall and I have a few questions for the experienced users. First of all, mine did not come with any kind of instructions so I was wondering if new ones come with any kind of written instructions or do they just refer you to their videos online? I have only had time to play with mine inside so far so I haven't had it hooked up to a tree yet but one thing I have noticed is that any little movement of the web makes the metal adjustment buckles jingle like bells. Is that something that all of you have noticed or do I somehow need to adjust mine to where they don't? I'm sure that the more familiar with it I become the more stealthy it will be but right now that jingling concerns me. I'm sure that other questions will arise the more I'm able to play with it but these are all that I have right now.
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Guido's Web Questions Empty Re: Guido's Web Questions

Post by Waiting4Fall Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Congrats on your WEB! I have not had the jingling issue at all. I'm sure if you called Mr. Butch, or emailed him and told him I sent you, he would probably send you an instruction manual. At least it's worth a try.

In the mean time see if these vids will help you. Here's Mr. Butch's contact info.
Phone 662-686-2130
Web contact http://www.guidosoutdoors.com/index.php/contacts-us

Here's mine, for what it's worth.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Little off topic but do you mind if I asked how much you paid for a used web & where did you find it?
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepSouthHunter Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Dave, thank you for the videos but I have already watched those multiple times! Your video is probably the one that influenced my purchase the most. I will send Butch an email and see if he has an electronic copy he can just email me to save the postage. I'm glad to hear you don't have the problem with the buckles so it's probably correctable.
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepSouthHunter Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Cbigbear wrote:Little off topic but do you mind if I asked how much you paid for a used web & where did you find it?

I knew of a guy on AT that had an XL tall to get rid of because it was a little too big for him and he bought a large. I paid $300 shipped and it also came with the optional linesmans belt but is missing the caribeaners for it. I've seen used ones go for much less but I figured my "big boy" size would be hard to come by so I thought that was a fair price for a barely used web.
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks for the info Deep. I'll keep my eye on the classifieds. Not sure if you seen this before, but it has a lot of good info on the web.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1615264&highlight=guido%27s+web
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepSouthHunter Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:53 am

Cbigbear wrote:Thanks for the info Deep. I'll keep my eye on the classifieds. Not sure if you seen this before, but it has a lot of good info on the web.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1615264&highlight=guido%27s+web

Ha ha, yea I've pretty much read everything I could find on the internet pertaining to the Web! Once I get more familiar with the Web I will probably go with the bridge and rope set up unless I just like the current tree connection of the Web better. I hate that mtsrunner is no longer active on AT because I would like to know how much he was selling the bridge and rope setup's for.
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:43 am

Mtsrunner is a member here as well, but haven't heard from him in awhile.

There is another guy on AT selling the rope connection. His is for the saddle but you could get it & just add the bridge. His handle is jsouthern. Also this setup isn't hard to make REI carries everything you need.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepSouthHunter Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Cbigbear wrote:Mtsrunner is a member here as well, but haven't heard from him in awhile.

I hope he is okay and just taking a break from forums.

Cbigbear wrote:
There is another guy on AT selling the rope connection. His is for the saddle but you could get it & just add the bridge. His handle is jsouthern. Also this setup isn't hard to make REI carries everything you need.

I've gotten a quote from him in the past when I was thinking about going that route with my tree saddle. I wish I had an REI or similar store close by but I live in the flats of south AL so no need for mountain climbing supplies around here. I'll probably end up ordering supplies from them online if I decide to go that route but I like being able to place my hands on certain products before buying. I also want to get some 1" tubular climb spec webbing and try climbing with this:

Guido's Web Questions DSCF0446
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepSouthHunter Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:33 am

I was finally able to hook this thing up to a tree yesterday and play around with it for a little while. This thing is exactly what I hoped it would be...super comfortable! I only played around with it at ground level and didn't take my bow out with me but I do think adding a bridge like on the tree saddle would be a huge plus with this thing. I think it can be done still using the main tether belt but I've got some experimenting to do in my future.
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 am

I hear on the rocks bro. The only rocks in LA are in driveways. I order my gear from REI they usually run free shipping specials. I tried my hand it climbing with webbing & webbing ladder, but finally settled on just climbing with one LW stick. I'm still using a hang-on & the stability of the stick really helps hanging the stand.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepSouthHunter Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:19 am

I need to give the one LW stick method a try as well before trying that webbing ladder since I already have sticks at home.
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:12 am

Just ordered a web. Found a sweet deal on a new in the box large web for $225 shipped.

FYI the guy has 3 more larges for sale. He was a dealer but closed his shop.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepSouthHunter Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Wow man, that's a great deal! Have you gotten it yet? If so have you played around with it yet?
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:37 pm

I did get my Web & have used it a little bit. I shot out of it a couple times, but still working out my system. Once I get everything worked out I'll give a full review. My web is a 2005 model (but was new in the box) so I'm not sure what improvements the new models may have.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepSouthHunter Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:22 pm

The only things the newer ones have that yours probably doesn't is just the lumbar adjustment (which I think you can have added by Butch) and the newer style storage pouches on the back of the backrest. I still need to work out a system with mine as well.
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I just got mine in the mail today. I can't believe how comfortable it is. I am going to go the rope/bridge method but it is a awesome design no doubt. I tried the sling method and for me is to slow and laborious.
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down