PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still Hunting Boots

+2
NanookOdaNorth
Spauldo
6 posters

Go down

Still Hunting Boots Empty Still Hunting Boots

Post by Spauldo Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:03 am

What are the best still hunting boots you have used? My Lacrosse Burly's are just to darn sloppy. Quiet, but sloppy. My pac boots for winter and sitting are, well, pac boots. Any moccasin users out there? Thanks for your input.

Last edited by Spauldo on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled stuff)
Spauldo
Spauldo
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Still Hunting Boots Empty Re: Still Hunting Boots

Post by NanookOdaNorth Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:18 pm

I was going to give moccasins a try this year, but there are so many swamps in my part of PA that I decided to stay with rubber boots for most of my hunting. I like the Hodgman rubber uninsulated knee high boots. They have a form fitted ankle to reduce slop and the rubber soles are light enough to create dexterity while feeling for a spot to put your foot down quietly. They don't breathe much though, so they are not a very good choice in warmer weather.
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanks NanookOdaNorth. I am beginning to realize it is where I walk and in what conditions as much as it is what's on my feet. I appreciate the reference to the Hodgman's though, Lacrosse isn't doin it for me so I may give these a try. Thanks again
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:09 pm

ive had a few pairs of the alpha burly sports, theyre alright for about one season then they start to fall apart, usually the sole comes off or it start to crack around the ankle which usually means they start to leak and thats a big "no no". so i think im gonna get some burly classics for early season, but for the winter if you can find a pair of the old rocky bear claws on ebay or something, these old boots are hard to beat for cold weather also a buddy of mine bought some hot mocs and now he swears by'em. plus most rocky boots are compatible to the new style soles so if theyre wore out takem to your local shoe cobblar and vwala( or how ever you spell that) ive had mine resoled about ten times and still makin it to tha woods. just some ideas Smile
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Good stuff vortex1. Winter boots in my neck of the woods are generally pac boots, but I like the rocky idea, several guys use those for tracking in these parts.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbeard Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:46 am

If you're still hunting during the early season, or even later on and it's not gotten too cold, get a pair of the Goretex waterproof socks, and a pair of wrestling shoes. You can keep your feet dry, and feel every stick and rock underfoot while still having good ankle support.

Even in the later season, a pair of good wool socks, Goretex oversocks and the wrestling shoes will make an excellent pair of "stalking/still hunting" footwear.

Longbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:50 am

Excellent Longbeard, I will look into it. Thanks.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:26 pm

http://www.arrowmoc.com/mocasins.html
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD