PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sport climbers spikes

3 posters

Go down

Sport climbers spikes Empty Sport climbers spikes

Post by vortex1 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:31 pm

I was jus wonderin if any of yall had heard of these or if anybody used them. I stumbled across them and theyre pretty cool. My dad climbed with spikes years ago then they started makin climbin stands so he got one of those( a loooong time ago). I dont have one yet but it seems like these might go well with a guidos web or a tree saddle,just an idea . What are yalls thoughts?
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Sport climbers spikes Empty Re: Sport climbers spikes

Post by vortex1 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Sport climbers spikes Sc-mai11
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:18 am

Those look to be painful on the ankles. I know regular aluminum spurs are pricey but they would be my choice. Also keep in mind spurs are illegal on most public land areas.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:49 am

A buddy of mine has an old set of climbing spikes and he says they are neet, but way too dangerous compared to all the climbing aids we have available to us these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 pm

yeah it was just a thought Smile
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 am

I gave it some real thought. And asked many questions about them. From what I have heard they don't work on all trees, there pricey, and can be dangerous. So with all the other stuff we have out there I am just going to use the one stik method I do believe. But you form your own opinion.
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:15 am

Spurs are the fastest way to climb a tree & one of the lightest. With practice it's a pretty good method. As I said early I would good with regular tree spurs & not the sport climbers. Couple of downfalls spurs are pricey & illegal on some public land.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:06 am

I start lineman school september 4th, ima check into alabamas rule book i think screw in steps and drilling are illegal here, not to sure about tha spurs though, id like to usem if i could but i agree the tunnel strap is to short, it does looks uncomfortable. Thanks for tha input fellers its much appreciated.
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 am

I would bet that they would be fine(I would still check though). The reason that screw in steps and things of that sort are illegal on most public lands is because they tend to grow into the tree and then they become a safety concern for loggers. Chainsaw+tree step=potential trip to the hospital. If nothing else it is costly to replace equipment damaged when it hits a tree step or anything else grown into the tree over time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down