PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thermocell

+2
vortex1
Tiny52
6 posters

Go down

Thermocell Empty Thermocell

Post by Tiny52 Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Thermocell 310MhsBKVBL._SL500_AA300_

Used this for a few years when hunting hogs in Florida. It works great!.
Since I hunted with the wind to my face the hogs never reacted to it but I have had deer react to it with a swirling wind. the way to end that problem is to add a drop or to of anise to the pad. The anise will mask the chem trail of the pad.

I always have it with me when I hunt near water.

Tiny52
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Thermocell Empty Re: Thermocell

Post by vortex1 Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:05 am

It never leaves my side in turkey season( we got skeeters thats been known to tote off small chidrens:), I also use it during early bow season, never had it spook deer before, but ill try the anise just to be safe. I have nothing but good things to say about thermacell, I keep extra butane and pads with me, its the difference between enjoyin your time in the woods, or gettin toted off but tha little flyin devils. I read your greeting, you lived in florida so you know how bad skeeters are in tha south, especially in a swamp bottom about april tryin to keep turkeys from seein you( turkeys and hands swattin dont mix:) . so this is one of my hunting necessities i can not hunt without; an EXCELLENT product, cause anything that will run the skeeters we got down here off is okay by me. Smile
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by palehorse Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:09 pm

When I hunted in Florida, I learned not to even THINK about going in the woods without my thermacell. It's still a habit I have here in Maryland even thought it's not quite as necessary. I would rather forget my arrows than my thermacell!

palehorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:52 pm

O.K. so the question I have is where do I get anice?
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny52 Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 pm

TN hunter wrote:O.K. so the question I have is where do I get anice?
Anise is available in most cooking related isles in the grocery store. You could use a food scent to I suppose. You only need one drop.
Thermocell also has a pad made for scent. I have used my thermocell as a heater for lures before and it worked well IMO.

Tiny52
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 pm

If you mean the spice, it's in all major grocery stores. Is that what you're referring to?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Specialty-Extracts-Pure-Anise-Extract-1-oz/10308873
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:20 pm

I use a thermacells on almost all hunts in Oct & early Nov. It's just as important as my bow. I've never had deer react negatively to the cell, if they did they got downwind of me so I assume it just my scent.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Dave Mullins wrote:

If you mean the spice, it's in all major grocery stores. Is that what you're referring to?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Specialty-Extracts-Pure-Anise-Extract-1-oz/10308873

I am sure that is what he is talking about. Anise is one of the main ingredients in licorice so you can get it at any grocery store. You can also buy it from almost any sporting goods store or trapping supply store if you want to pay through the nose for it. It smells and taste like black licorice. It is also the main ingredient in Trails End #307 and what they coat almost all soft plastics for fishing in.

Cbigbear wrote:I use a thermacells on almost all hunts in Oct & early Nov. It's just as important as my bow. I've never had deer react negatively to the cell, if they did they got downwind of me so I assume it just my scent.

Thats wierd, I have never had any problems with mosquitos in November. I bet its the snow that keeps them away. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Maybe snow or could be freezing temps down here we don't get either.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for answering my question I didn't even know it was a spice. Thanks guys!
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum