PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening day doe/fawn party

5 posters

Go down

Opening day doe/fawn party Empty Opening day doe/fawn party

Post by palehorse Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Today was opening day of archery season here in Maryland. The good news - I saw 15 deer. The bad news - they were 5 seperate does at different times...each with twin fawns in tow!!! ARRGGGHH!! I just had to let them walk by. The fawns were hilarious. At times, it was hard not to laugh out loud. One of the spotted little boogers decided to bed down directly beneath my stand for about a half hour. I have never seen so many fawns in the woods.

The trip was fun. A bald eagle hung out in my tree for about 20 minutes. I glassed a monster buck entering the field about 1/4 mile from my stand with a good 45 minutes of shooting light remaining. He gave me a good landmark for his entry spot so I'll be waiting for him tomorrow if the wind cooperates.

palehorse

Back to top Go down

Opening day doe/fawn party Empty Re: Opening day doe/fawn party

Post by crooketarrow Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:01 pm

I live across the Potomac in WV I'm only 8 ,10 min's. away. I use to hunt MD for alest 20 years.
Before I'd comit yet move closer and have a seson look.

crooketarrow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny52 Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:02 pm

At least you saw some cool stuff and you found a good Buck. Sounds like a fair day Cool

Tiny52
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:03 pm

sounds like a successful hunt Very Happy
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by lastoftheloaners Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:26 pm

A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work, Very Happy stay put it will get better.

lastoftheloaners

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down