PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ambush sling tree saddle

5 posters

Go down

Ambush sling tree saddle Empty Ambush sling tree saddle

Post by jacob.bowlin Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:59 pm

I've been thinking about buying one of these. I hunt LBL in western KY and to have any luck have to hike atleast a mile in on average and up some pretty steep ridges. I thought it might be a light weight alternative to a climber or hang on. Does anyone use or have any experience with one of these. I'm curious to hear some feedback.

jacob.bowlin

Back to top Go down

Ambush sling tree saddle Empty Re: Ambush sling tree saddle

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:50 am

I have been using the ambush saddle for about 5 years and I love it. I got rid of all my hang on stands. There is no need to have them and it bugs my hunting buddies when I see deer and then they go out there to hunt and there is no stand for them to sit.

The ambush saddle is really light and I have worn it in on many mile+ hikes. It packs small enough too that sometimes I just stick it in my backpack.

Back to top Go down

Post by jacob.bowlin Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:51 am

Is it comfortable enough for an all day sit. How easy is it to manuevour around the tree for a shot. Thanks for the response.

jacob.bowlin

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 pm

you know they went out of business rite? That is if your talking about the trophy ridge tree saddle. You will have to find one used. Guido's web is a awesome alternative I love mine. http://www.guidosoutdoors.com/
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by bowman72 Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:10 am

I have the ambush saddle. It takes some getting used to, but is the best when you have to hike way in and want to hunt from the trees. The next part is finding the best climbing method. I use lone wolf sticks which are pretty good. I saw one guy make a video using some type of climbing rope ladder, looked like a good system. I'll post it up when I find it again.

bowman72

Back to top Go down

Post by Z7 Mcclain92 Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:23 am

They Are Nice But Pretty costly a rock climbing harness is alot cheaper and can be even lighter then the ambush saddle and works almost the same.
Attachments
Ambush sling tree saddle Attachment
20959-large_work-Mens_Gym_Climbing_Harness_10018255_3.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(102 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Ambush sling tree saddle Attachment
771238217_260.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(13 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Z7 Mcclain92
Z7 Mcclain92

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:11 pm

If I may offer a word of caution Z7. Be careful about cutting off the blood supply to your legs with long sits in that harness. Safe hunting.
Spauldo
Spauldo
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Z7 Mcclain92 Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Spauldo wrote:If I may offer a word of caution Z7. Be careful about cutting off the blood supply to your legs with long sits in that harness. Safe hunting.

I agree I guess i should of put that in also, I use branches (at least 3" Diameter) or multiple tree steps to stand on. I dont keep all my wieght on the harness
Z7 Mcclain92
Z7 Mcclain92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down