PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Deer of the Season on Public Land, not recovered

2 posters

Go down

First Deer of the Season on Public Land, not recovered Empty First Deer of the Season on Public Land, not recovered

Post by PineywoodsBow Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 pm

I let an arrow fly this morning on a Doe on public land, but we never recovered the deer. Found my arrow with blood on it, but not one drop of blood ANYWHERE! We looked for 6 hours, here is the arrow:

[img]First Deer of the Season on Public Land, not recovered Photo_10[/img]
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

First Deer of the Season on Public Land, not recovered Empty Re: First Deer of the Season on Public Land, not recovered

Post by PineywoodsBow Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 pm

The shot was a pass through, but it was a little high and forward, hoping she survived..... Sad
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

First Deer of the Season on Public Land, not recovered Empty Re: First Deer of the Season on Public Land, not recovered

Post by kmoses Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Had the same problem a two weeks ago but arrow was covered in blood. Finally found a small blood trail about 75 yds away. Followed it for a couple hundred yards before it went dry again. No way she survived. Feel bad but it happens. Only deer I've lost (that I was positive I hit) in 20+ years of hunting.

kmoses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down