PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ground Blind Tips Please!

4 posters

Go down

Ground Blind Tips Please!  Empty Ground Blind Tips Please!

Post by Sectionroad Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm

I am making my maden voyage to central South Dakota this week. My buddy and I are camping out and hunting the public land breaks of the Missouri River. After scouting this past summer we found that there are not many "good" trees for hanging our stand sets but very good deer sign and promise.... With that said- I think ground blinds are where it's at but have little experience with them. Do any of you experienced PLBH have any tips or tricks to hunting out of ground blinds? Thank you in advance for any advice and I'll keep you posted when I get back next week!

Sectionroad

Back to top Go down

Ground Blind Tips Please!  Empty Re: Ground Blind Tips Please!

Post by PineywoodsBow Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:41 pm

brush em in good. Thats all I got. oh and of course the usual: keep wind in your face, and watch your approach....
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller-TD#2 Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:59 pm

a reply here could be extensive, but productive...
1)find a deer trial and follow it, paying special attention to any down trees or tree tops.

2)locate a good hunting spot, again pay special attention to down trees/treetops.

once located and not too far for trad shooting sit in it and gather in the surroundings. Have multiple camo patterns and find one in the back of the closet that works. paint face accordingly, add some local brush by using the SOG Machete to cut it and drape it around, clean out the ground for moving about w/little to no noise, bring a bucket or small fishing chair painted accordingly, and most important - -------- ----- --- BE PATIENT!! BE QUIET!! TRY TO BE ODERLESS!!

This seems like a long tidius task, but it will pay off if you do your homework...and last but not least....."keep the sun in their eyes!!" or as Clint Eastwood would continue to say - "over your gun[bow in this case] shooting shoulder. This way you have an edge"

hope this helps....
Miller-TD#2
Miller-TD#2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Ground Blind Tips Please!  Empty South Central SD

Post by Sectionroad Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm back from a 5 day hunt in South Central South Dakota. Although I did not cross close enough paths with a "trophy" I had many encounters and learned a lot. Hunting from the ground has it's challenges but is also very rewarding when you have a stare-down with a deer at 20 yards.
Thank you all for your replies and the advice aided my in my attack! I did see a lot of deer close but also found many dead deer due to blue tongue, many still had velvet still on their antlers. I am not sure if more mature deer are more suseptable to blue tonge or not but many of the deer we found were bucks.

Sectionroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks for the update. Could you share the things that you learned, to benefit others? "Knowledge is power!" Smile
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down