PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Stump Stand

2 posters

Go down

Double Stump Stand Empty Double Stump Stand

Post by Waiting4Fall Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Got in this stand today at 10am, as I had to take Emma to school. This spot is near the bottom of a holler, in a powerline, near the back of a bowl near my stand. One the walk in, 100yds from my truck, I hear noise just over the hill, in the woods. A fat spike is ambling along, nose to the ground and heading my way. With the Web, climbing stick, & bow in hand I do a quick belly crawl to this large stump, on the wood line. At his path of travel he will come by at about 15 yds. He's closing fast, and I get up on a knee to get ready for the shot. He stops, cause he heard me getting up. He stops cold, and starts staring. The he takes 3 steps straight towards me. He's had his fill and bolts.

At 11am I grunted in a 6 point from very far away. I also threw in the talkthewalk too. I saw him coming from about 150 yds or so, and he comes to with 10 steps of my tree. Guys, I'm so far over in my Web, I was past parallel. I was at full draw, and trying to clear some branches. I'm at full draw, he's now walking closer, and I'm trying to hold my draw and move back up to follow him. I look like a 235 spider monkey up there, with a kink in it's back, lol!. He hears my knee rub the tree, cause I'm trying to move with my abs & legs. He trots off, but doesn't snort. He then circles around, well out of range and off to who knows where.

That was my day today. Back out Friday & Saturday. How's bout yall, anyone want to share?

Double Stump Stand 1-2

Double Stump Stand 2-4

Double Stump Stand 4-2

Double Stump Stand 10-1

Double Stump Stand 8-1

Double Stump Stand 9

Double Stump Stand 5-3

Double Stump Stand 6-1
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Double Stump Stand Empty Re: Double Stump Stand

Post by PineywoodsBow Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:05 am

You guys have some beautiful country up there. Sounds like a successful hunt!
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:12 am

I feel very fortunate to be seeing deer, sometimes several, everytime I go to one of my spots. I'm going purely on natural travel patterns, no bait. Not bashing bait at all, just sayin I'm tryin to cypher these critters on their own terms.
Just not getting broadside/quartering away opportunities, or they're too far out. I'm stayin at it, and believe my chance at a shot will come. "You must be present to win."
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:42 am

my enjoyment bowhunting public land is scouting, hunting natural travel patterns with no bait. We can't bait public land here in texas anyhow, but I enjoy it all the more!
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down