PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which one to choose

4 posters

Go down

which one to choose Empty which one to choose

Post by Rolltide09 Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 pm

I have made a deal deal with my wife that when she graduates collage in 1.5 years that I get to go on a big hunt in another state. I am wanting to hunt public land its more sastifying for me. So my question is any suggestions I am wanting to start my research on places. I would prefere over the counter tags. Thanks in advance

Rolltide09

Back to top Go down

which one to choose Empty Re: which one to choose

Post by PineywoodsBow Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:17 pm

My dream hunt would be public land in Colorado for Elk. Heard its a lot of fun, and very challenging...
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolltide09 Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:36 pm

That would be awesome. I have had to turn down 2 elk hunts one in colorado the other in the dakota's, both on public land due to work. Is there alot of public land in texas for a nonresident to come hunt on

Rolltide09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:46 am

I am hoping to go on a hunt in the next few years too. I will be heading to the dakotas after mule deer. I know a few guys that go out there every year and they say you can't swing a dead cat without finding good public land. I've been told that if you got the patients and put in a little hard work that a real big one isn't that hard to come by due to low hunter densities. The tags a real cheap too, relative to some out of state hunts. There about $200.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodiakk Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:40 am

Rolltide09 wrote:That would be awesome. I have had to turn down 2 elk hunts one in colorado the other in the dakota's, both on public land due to work. Is there alot of public land in texas for a nonresident to come hunt on

Honestly not nearly as much as other states, but there are a lot of deer. Lot's of does, decent bucks are a lot harder to find.

Kodiakk

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:21 pm

As far as economical hunting goes, in states with plenty of public land, there are quite a few. Nebraska, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio are the places that I would start looking. Each of these states has plenty of public land and are within $200-$250 for an over the counter license. If you do a little online research and even ask people on here and other hunting forums you will more than likely find a place that suits your style of hunting and also be within the distance you are wanting to travel to hunt out of state. Good luck and if you have any questions about Missouri, I would be glad to answer them.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolltide09 Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Missouri is one of the places I am looking I have family that lives in St.James so I would have a place stay. Does anyone know about kansas is it an over the counter state

Rolltide09

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Kansas is strictly lottery for nonresident deer hunting.
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum