PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gearing up?

5 posters

Go down

Gearing up? Empty Gearing up?

Post by SlowBow Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Anyone else washing the long underwear and getting read for a little late season bowhunting?

I got to take the bow out and shoot it a bit, been a few weeks since I've had the chance.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Gearing up? Empty Re: Gearing up?

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:43 pm

whoa, lucky guy, I wish. NY late season was December 10-18 and I didn't see a thing. Only place you can still hunt here is in the suburbs with shotgun till end of January but that is not my cup of tea.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:54 pm

We're just shutting down the black powder season this weekend here. Then it's bowseason again until the 31st.

Cold, and you have to watch for shed bucks, but I still like to spend a bit of time in the trees. It really is the quietest part of the season as far as pressure goes.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetail freak Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:53 pm

well down in ohio sat is the opening of our 4 day smokepole season then bow till feb 3rd hope i can knock 2 down by end of season

whitetail freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 pm

was -16 last night:) can't even plink around in the back yard
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by 308ruger Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 am

I've been out a few times for the late PA season. We've had snow on the ground and im seeing lots of tracks, but unfortuately no deer. This is my first time hunting the late archery season and its been frutstrating to say the least..

308ruger

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetail freak Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 pm

well ohio m.l season brought no venison to my freezer , i seen 28 deer total but most of them were bedded along the road way where they were safe others were to far n running away so i knew i wouldnt connect n didnt wanna wound 1 so opted not to shoot, so were back to bow till feb 3rd , then bunny hunting till feb 29th cant believe the season is almost over , looking forward to opening day bow season this fall

Last edited by whitetail freak on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

whitetail freak

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Don't rush things my friend. Leave the looking forwards to next summer,concentrate on the here and now, put your effort there. I'll be pulling my camera in a few days to make an educated decision if I want to hunt the sign I found on the public area this weekend, or head to the private land.

Still plenty of time to put a deer in the freezer, sounds like you have this too, so do the homework, dot the I and cross the T, make it happen.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum