PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UP Mich Traditional Hunting

+2
Waiting4Fall
JHouse
6 posters

Go down

UP Mich Traditional Hunting Empty UP Mich Traditional Hunting

Post by JHouse Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Any info on hunting public land in the UP would be appreciated. Hunted up there about 20 years ago around Channing would like to go back with a group. Any ideas?

JHouse

Back to top Go down

UP Mich Traditional Hunting Empty Re: UP Mich Traditional Hunting

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Welcome to our forum. I figure you'll get some input from folks here.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Arrow Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:41 pm

I have bow hunted some in the up, most recently along the northern edge of the Seney National Wildlife Refuge. The area has up and down deer population years, but in a good year you can see lots of deer, with the occasional bear, wolf or moose. I have also hunted in the western portion of the UP when attending Michigan Tech, but that was a lot of years ago so I am not sure my information would still be useful. Feel free to ask questions

Last edited by Last Arrow on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Last Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post by thall145 Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Hunted the Iron Mountain area in the early 2000's. Beautiful place, almost like a miniature Colorado. Tons of pine, rock outcroppings, cliffs, bluffs and hills. Challenging but rewarding
thall145
thall145

Back to top Go down

Post by pilsbury38 Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:55 pm

I too am going to start going back to the u.p. we use to hunt there alot and as life got busyer i stopped going as much. I 've hunted the seney refuge and some surrounding areas this year we are going between moran and trout lake for a week the end of october, theres some good sign in that area but will be the first year hunting it. We also go fourwheeling in september north of pine stump junction there are deer tbere till the snow flies but then they migrate south. Lots of land in the u.p. have fun and good luck
pilsbury38
pilsbury38

Back to top Go down

Post by jbuilder Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:08 am

i live at the door step of the Hiawatha national forest in delta county the deer are pretty scarce the last couple of years but still around. Menominee county seems to hold the biggest deer numbers and bigger bucks if that is what you are looking for if you get up this way give me a shout jbuilder74@yahoo.com maybe i can help you out.

jbuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down