PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What new item are you buying this year to improve your deer hunting success

+9
ctcortez
heydeerman
NanookOdaNorth
msaskins
oldfella1962
Posted Boy Gallego
Cbigbear
PineywoodsBow
Parkersdad
13 posters

Go down

What new item are you buying this year to improve your deer hunting success Empty What new item are you buying this year to improve your deer hunting success

Post by Parkersdad Sat May 18, 2013 11:37 pm

I have always been a climber guy but there are three places on the national forest I hunt that I cannot get a climber to get as close as I want. Last week I bought a Lone Wolf Alpha hang on and 4 sticks. I am going to practice all summer for speed. The deer better look out this year. I will be able to get in closer on there bedding area this year. What are you buying to try that is new to you this year?

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

What new item are you buying this year to improve your deer hunting success Empty Re: What new item are you buying this year to improve your deer hunting success

Post by PineywoodsBow Mon May 20, 2013 12:09 am

the exact same setup. I have always used a climber, but went with the lonewolf assault hang-on for this upcoming season. I'm also going to change my method of getting the deer out, which wont require any new equipment(thankfully).
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

What new item are you buying this year to improve your deer hunting success Empty Re: What new item are you buying this year to improve your deer hunting success

Post by Cbigbear Mon May 20, 2013 11:21 am

I'm add a lone wolf mini stick to my arsenal. Since I climb 95% of the time with one stick, I'm going to the mini to cut weight & it'll pack better with my Limit & Web. I'll also keep my eye on backcountry.com for sales on merino wool base layer stuff.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego Mon May 20, 2013 11:45 am

Knowledge, more knowledge of the areas and where they move and why they move. haha, its not an item but without it no new product in the world will help me. Aside from that, I definitely need a climber or hang on to avoid breaking my back each time I go in. That is all I really need.
Posted Boy Gallego
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Mon May 20, 2013 10:12 pm

I had the mini sticks and sold them. I am now trying the regular sticks to see if I like them better

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella1962 Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Thermacell unit! Otherwise I don't think I could sit still and be carried away by mosquitos.

oldfella1962

Back to top Go down

Post by msaskins Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:11 am

I'm hoping to buy shoulder surgery so I can bowhunt again soon.
Missed all of last season due to a bad rotator cuff, and I'll probably miss about half of this season . . .
Actually being able to draw a bow SHOULD improve my success in the woods! Sad
msaskins
msaskins

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:34 am

I bought a Bear Anarchy compound bow, a dozen Gold Tips and 2 packs of Slick Trick 125gr Razortricks...first new equipment I've had in many moons!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:14 pm

The only thing I bought this year was a Piranta knife with replaceable blades. That knife looks to be the beans.
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 pm

Ooops, I forgot I bought a Garmin Etrex GPS. First year with one of these things. After I dropped $500 for it and all the maps, I found apps on my droid for $35.....bom 
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by ctcortez Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Cbigbear wrote:I'm add a lone wolf mini stick to my arsenal. Since I climb 95% of the time with one stick, I'm going to the mini to cut weight & it'll pack better with my Limit & Web. I'll also keep my eye on backcountry.com for sales on merino wool base layer stuff.
I have also stocked up on merino wool and rocky clothing to try and stay warm by wearing less clothing.
Also invested in a groilla scout with 4 lonewolf sticks for my public land hunting.
Bought a Tikka .308

ctcortez

Back to top Go down

Post by msaskins Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 am

Decided to give the GhostBlind a try. All I can say is that in the right spot it's amazing.
As long as you have good cover behind you above your head and wear a leafy facemask the concealment is great.
Looks like a gimmick, but it just disappears.
msaskins
msaskins

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Cold weather clothes, more Minus 33, Cabela's Berber Fleece with Windshear Pants, Cabela's Primaloft Vest..to name a few..but it's a waste of money when you take blood thinners. Bout 32 degrees is as low as I can go.

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:35 am

I made a small wish list for next year....and small is a relative term. LOL! But of those items, one thing I found I need, since I now have a lifted truck, is a receiver basket. My age is showing itself in the fact that I can no longer manhandle a big deer into the bed of the pickup.
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Saxton Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:56 am

I never used bibs before. I got a pair for this year. WOW they are great. I carry them in strapped to my tree stand. Prior to climbing the tree I put them on. They are really warm, I wear less clothes, so my hike in I do not get over heated. And the bibs allow me to wear less clothes on stand.

Saxton

Back to top Go down

Post by tpcowfish Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Got a new pair of Lacrosse aero rubber boots, so far way comfy, hope they last like the alpha burly's did, want more merino wool, if I can find a good deal

tpcowfish
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down