PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Land Deer Hunting: How to Save America's Whitetail Woods

3 posters

Go down

Public Land Deer Hunting: How to Save America's Whitetail Woods Empty Public Land Deer Hunting: How to Save America's Whitetail Woods

Post by minnesota_muley Sat May 18, 2013 11:40 pm

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/open-country/2013/05/public-land-deer-hunting-how-save-americas-whitetail-woods

minnesota_muley
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Public Land Deer Hunting: How to Save America's Whitetail Woods Empty Re: Public Land Deer Hunting: How to Save America's Whitetail Woods

Post by Parkersdad Sun May 19, 2013 4:04 pm

North Carolina seems to do a good job managing there national forest. I have seen logging, and burning over the last 5 years. They do one section at a time.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Public Land Deer Hunting: How to Save America's Whitetail Woods Empty Re: Public Land Deer Hunting: How to Save America's Whitetail Woods

Post by PineywoodsBow Mon May 20, 2013 12:06 am

They do a good job managing the national forests here in Texas as well. They burn atleast one new section every year, which leads me to this question. How long does it take for the wildlife to move back in once they burn a section?
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by minnesota_muley Mon May 20, 2013 9:43 am

I think the article was saying local and state governments are doing a better job at managing the land they oversee. They say the problem is with national forests and their management programs. The national forests are aging and need to be logged, but aren't getting logged. When the forests aren't logged the canopy from the trees blocks sunlight from getting to the ground and keeps browse from growing. That was my interpretation of the article.

minnesota_muley
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down