PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Else Do You Enjoy, Besides Archery?

+18
illianabowhnter67
tntom
Saxton
DirtyGator
hoyt
tankkvta
Uncle Bob
Talmage Dunn
SlowBow
AK0tA
Cbigbear
bowonly
NanookOdaNorth
Northwoodslayer
heydeerman
msaskins
TradbowInOregon
Waiting4Fall
22 posters

Go down

What Else Do You Enjoy, Besides Archery? Empty What Else Do You Enjoy, Besides Archery?

Post by Waiting4Fall Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:22 am

I learned that our newest member, bicster guides on the New River. My first experience rafting was last summer. It was beyond fantastic, & I'm returning this year for more. I also plan on taking a rock climbing class, & next year when Emma turns 6 I'll be taking her for her first easy water experience.

I'm sharing some of my non archery hobbies/interests. Feel welcome to share your's here as well.

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What Else Do You Enjoy, Besides Archery? Empty Re: What Else Do You Enjoy, Besides Archery?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:02 am

There's other stuff besides Archery??? LOL

Hunting, Camping, Fishing (FLY, bowfishing), hiking, FOOTBALL, HOCKEY, canoeing

Back to top Go down

What Else Do You Enjoy, Besides Archery? Empty Re: What Else Do You Enjoy, Besides Archery?

Post by TradbowInOregon Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Camping with my family!
TradbowInOregon
TradbowInOregon
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by msaskins Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Besides hunting . . . Really, is there anything else?
Seriously, Firearm collecting (WWI/WWII). This one got out of hand so I got my FFL and started buying and selling . . . Heavily.
Guitar and Bass (Missouri's resident Ted Nugent guitar player/hunter/NRA spokesman wannabe).
Computer programming.
General mischief.
msaskins
msaskins

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

I like shooting handguns. I also build neck knives with classic broadheads.
heydeerman
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwoodslayer Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:31 pm

I enjoy everything archery, reloading for my handguns/ rifles, shooting those handguns and rifles. Camping, fishing, cross-country skiing, spending time with my family.
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:15 pm

I like to fish, canoe, cook on the grill and hike, but my favorite all time thing is tracking! I don't need any snow either, though I do love snow! Also, thinking about getting a guitar and learning to play!
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:15 pm

I enjoy family activities such as camping(can't wait to bring my daughters along for a real "roughing it" tent camping trip.....my loving wife has already endured one...she is such a trooper), fishing(my youngest daughter is not into archery and this is the one outdoor family activity that really excites her), and I am an avid....well...gardener. Ok I admitted it! I need a twelve step program! LOL! We enjoy growing our family's own vegetables. My daughters begrudgingly help with getting the garden started, but once the vegetables start coming in, they love to help with the picking. My youngest has yet to let a sweet pea reach the dinner table....she takes her dog on what she terms frequent potty breaks. It's all a ruse so she can raid the pea vines. One thing I forgot to mention, is that my wife and middle daughter are both competitive archers and I thoroughly enjoy tagging along watching them compete. My daughter has won several state, national and international titles and my wife, even though she doesn't consider herself a threat, has, in the past year, won several state titles of her own. Ok....I'm done bragging for now....sometimes I can't help myself. I'm a proud husband and father!

Last edited by bowonly on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:07 am

Other than hunting my three kids keep me busy. My 8 yr old plays travel baseball March - Aug & then plays football until mid Nov. I'm going to be running ragged when my 4 yr old twins start sports.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by AK0tA Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:14 pm

I like long walks on the beach and candle light dinners.. jk My spare time is RC airplanes the WWi and WWII type, i also like building custom computers, fly fishing, photography and woodworking. Most of my hobbies keep me in the woods and out doors and thats good for me.
AK0tA
AK0tA

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Pretty much an outdoor enthusiast.Of course, that includes hunting and fishing, but the twist is I really enjoy the videography aspect and editing and producing videos for my website. A hobby that realy took me by storm. I find I`m never without my camera now,hunting fishing,and in the off season between trips I play cameraman for my sons on their snake and reptile hunting adventures.
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Talmage Dunn Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Fishing (especially Bowfin!) (Flyfishing) Camping, horseshoes, state senior games, learning primitive skills, etc. Anything outdoors!!

Talmage Dunn

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:26 am

I love bow hunting but besides that I like bass fishing and messing with taxidermy.
I'm also a do it yourselfer reloading, molding bullets, fletching arrows, oh and I'm an awesome cook! To be honest I like everything!
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by tankkvta Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 pm

My wife and I travel all over WV on a motorcycle been riding for years and love it. I also race gokarts nothing like doing 60 with your butt 1 inch off the ground.

tankkvta

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:02 pm

If I'm not deer hunting I'm getting ready to go..shoot my recurves just about every day..except during hunting season, then just enough to stay strong.

When I'm in the mood I do taxidermy work, build traditional flintlocks, reload, cast bullets, tie flies, fish, photography, watercolor paint, build custom computers and watch college football.

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyGator Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:18 pm

I spend a lot of time on my equipment, mostly My bows, but I do spend some time on My high powered air rifles and Crossbow. I'm also a Master Tech who doesn't turn a wrench for money anymore. So I have My project vehicles I get around to from time to time. Usually when funds allow.
DirtyGator
DirtyGator
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Saxton Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Bow Hunting
Spring Gobbler Hunting
Fishing
Working out
HS and College Football

Saxton

Back to top Go down

Post by tntom Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Tenkara fly fishing small mountain streams

tntom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:01 am

year round bowhunting that mostly consists of deer Sept Oct Nov Dec Jan/Feb, hogs Jan Feb Mar Apr sometimes May sometimes Oct bears Nov and stingrays May June July with some turkey bowhunting all the camping prep and scouting that goes along with that.

a few non bowhunting things we try to do each year - Canyon Tuna 90 miles off NJ fishing 1 trip annual 24 to 36 hours - 1 night catfishing NC August - 1 day dove hunt NC - 1 day Woodduck hunt - 1 day swan hunt (although we have done more with bow than a shotgun) - Beaver Trapping NC Feb - Coyote trapping Jan & Feb NC & SC - spring gobbler FL SC NC sometimes WV - Redfish try to get a day or two in annual - Trout 1 or 2 days annual good streams only we recommend the Watauga River eastern TN - Surfing best break on the east coast is Wilmington NC enter at the Oceanic Restaurant - Cooking in and out of camp.
<><
<---------------------<<<<<<<<

Back to top Go down

Post by illianabowhnter67 Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:37 am

I love wading local rivers fishing for smallmouths,shooting muzzleloaders.camping,hiking,want to start fly fishing.

illianabowhnter67

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:08 am

I enjoy camping and also riding a road bike. My road bike keeps me in shape for the hunting season.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:02 am

this is an older post but, HEY, ima breathe some life into it, I love to crappie fish, and for the past 5 years me and my brother have been headin to the gulf 4-5 times a year chasin kingfish off the peirs and jettis. I build powerlines(my job but i love it) and i really like to hunt armadillos with my 17hmr(they tear my arrows up) I scout almost year round(i got ALOT of trail cameras) and last but not least i like to run and work out:)
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:39 am

Weight training, hiking, being in the woods, martial arts, makin' stuff, spending time with my wife n' kids, and MMA fighting. Just had my last fight actually, that's how I tore my bicep, punchin' the other guy. Now I'm retired ...

I'm the guy in the blue gloves and snow camo shorts Smile
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Besides all the hunting and fishing I like to build traditional flintlocks, tie salt water flies, do taxidermy work, reload, watercolor paint... etc..too many hobbies really and don't do any often enough to get good enough.

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:45 pm

beastin out madeforthewoods, good fight dude ur a savage. Smile
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:18 am

LOL thanks, when I get in that cage I turn into a whole different person Twisted Evil
And I knew it was to be my last one win or lose so I wanted to finish strong. Besides, I can't let nobody beat me in front of my kids!
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:18 am

Atv's, snowmobiling, boating. If I'm not in a hunt mode. Like to go fast.
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down