PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your first time.... Hunting that is!

+4
NanookOdaNorth
SlowBow
pilsbury38
Wolfshead
8 posters

Go down

Your first time.... Hunting that is! Empty Your first time.... Hunting that is!

Post by Wolfshead Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:20 am

Well the time is getting closer. This years season is almost here! For some it may be here already!
In NY the season starts on October 1st.
I will be 53 on October 2nd. The 1st will be my first day hunting ever. Yes Men EVER!
I can not tell you how excited I am!
Got my area on public land all scouted out, think I have a good site, and got a couple of options depending on how the wind blows....
I will be carrying a 45# @ 27" Bama Hunter Longbow with 546 grain Douglas Fir arrows tipped with 130 grain STOS broadheads. I will be hunting from the ground as well.

Enough about me. Share what your first time was like.
Feelings, thoughts, do-overs, laughs, etc....
Wolfshead
Wolfshead
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Your first time.... Hunting that is! Empty Re: Your first time.... Hunting that is!

Post by pilsbury38 Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Wow.......first time.......well first congrats I'm sure you will be hooked. I honestly cant remember the first time i went. My dad was a hunter so i was probably 7-8yrs old and I'm 41 now so that was a while ago! I have alot of good memories hunting with friends and family exspecialy my kids. Good luck and have fun. Oct 1st is opening day here in michigan to so i will be out there myself with my son and daughter....
pilsbury38
pilsbury38

Back to top Go down

Your first time.... Hunting that is! Empty Re: Your first time.... Hunting that is!

Post by SlowBow Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:42 pm

I remember the first time I went. I was 27 years old, and a friend lent me a 20 gauge and took me hunting rabbits. Well, we parked, and started walking a brushy creek bed, and a bunny got out of some brush and took off running. I yelled at my buddy "THERE GOES ONE!!!", He kind of looked at me funny, and explained it was at that point I was supposed to shoot.

Well, anyways, I quickly ended up realizing that spending time in the beauty of creation, hunting, and participating in the struggle of life, death, and survival was what had been missing in my life.

Best of luck to you this fall!
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 am

My first time was a dove hunt when I was 12 years old. Made a perfect shot on the first attempt...don't think I've hit one since!Razz 
NanookOdaNorth
NanookOdaNorth

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saxton Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 pm

When I was little; I was always chasing something with my kids bow with suction cup arrows that had the cups removed and the tips wittled sharp.

In 7th grade I obtained a recurve and headed for the woods behind my house that did not have any deer.

My Uncle took me to a farm that he deer hunted and almost guaranteed me to see a deer.

My very first morning I was leaning against a tree and had a deer "blowing" at me.  I was thinking; " I am going to get my deer this morning."

Well, I never even got  a shot, but in my mind I was close to getting a deer.  That instilled in me the fever and it had never subsided...that was 35 years ago.

Last edited by Saxton on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Saxton

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Daddy toted me in tha woods before i could walk, no joke, the man did the same thing with me and my brother, he used to tie a strang to us to keep us from wonderin off:) I actually killed a deer the day i was born, Daddy hit a big buck with his truck on the way to the hospital with momma and that is tha truth. I started very early, kinda hit tha ground runnin right off tha bat so to speak. I dont remember not hunting ever, it was life at my house, always has been and always will be good lord willing.Smile
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:20 pm

My Daddy was a big time quail hunter and we always had birddogs when I was a kid...I had to feed them every day. Anyway, my first memory of hunting was following him while qual hunting..that was the early 1950's..about as soon as I could walk. I still remember when my shoe laces would come untied, if I had to stop and tie them I'd get way behind and have a hard time catching back up with him..he didn't wait.

My first real deer hunt with him he told me to walk down a fire break in Ft. Stewart, Ga. in the early 60's, way before daylight with no flashlight and sit down against a tree.

I made my way down the fire break a ways went off to the right and into some sparse palmettoes and pines and sat against a tree waiting to be able to see.

All of a sudden the woods broke loose, I saw flashes of white (whitetails) and hear some kinda weird blowing and snorting..scared me to death...still pitch black dark.

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by coxral Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:30 pm

First time hunting- 12 y.o. with .308 rifle= B.T. doe!

coxral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down