PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Climb paws

+2
Waiting4Fall
Pinch Point
6 posters

Go down

Climb paws Empty Climb paws

Post by Pinch Point Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Just wanted to ask if anyone had tried them and what they may think about them. I've been giving them a hard look to go with my web. I'm using LW  climbing sticks for now but they have got my attention.
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Climb paws Empty Re: Climb paws

Post by Pinch Point Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:25 am

Ok so it's been 5 days I'm guessing no one has tried the climb paws just thought I'd ask. Nothing beats reviews from real people on forms that actually us the products. Thanks anyway!!!!
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Aside from the YouTube videos, I have no experience with them.
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks Dave I have seen the adds on you tube just thought some here may have tried them. I do believe it was cbigbear on the forum that had made some thing similar out of schedule 80 pipe. I may give it a try. Just hope it will support my weight. Sometimes it better to go with they real thing rather than making it and getting hurt.
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by dougell Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:26 pm

I use two lone wolf sticks with ropes attached to them so they're hanging about 2 ft below the bottom step.That gets me about 14 ft high.For a platform,I use 4 climb paws on one strap that I place about 2 ft above the top step.This system is a good compromise.It's light and fast to set up because you only attach two sticks.The climb paws make the nicest platform in my opinion.Personally,I wouldn't haul 8-10 climb paws with me.Two LW sticks fit in a folded up GW and the 4 climb paws on one strap just gets thrown over my shoulder.

The climb paws are nice but in my opinion,sort of a pain to haul and much longer to strap on to a tree.They work awesome as a footrest though.

dougell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks dougell, I also use LW sticks. I have been using 3 LW sticks and some strap on steps I found at a yard sale. The GW is new to me and I'm still looking for the best way for me, after I get set up I love it,but after using my climber for 20 year it's a big learning curve. I still may give the paws a try. I have read great reviews on the paws, thanks for your information.
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:02 pm

I sold my web just couldn't get comfortable moving around in it with a 64" longbow. But I've been thinking a LW seat platform pinned/bolted (some kind of hardware that would be easy to attach & remove) to the top a LW stick would be a prefect footrest.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by dougell Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:03 pm

I have a few trees set up a head of time for the GW.That makes it simple but hauling in two LW sticks really isn't a bother.They can get you about 14 ft in the air.Put the climb paws about two feet above that and your all set.Keep at it.The GW will make you a predator.

dougell

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue hunter Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Climb Paws are Awesome! I use them and like them alot. I also use Lone Wolf mini sticks. I like lightweight and Climb Paws are the lightest at 6lbs. They take a little longer to set up (more straps). They are very safe and actually if you slip probably the safest out there cause the are not sharp or made of metal. They are very quiet with no metal to metal contact. I carry them slung over one shoulder and neck on either my right or left side. Take em off on the way up and put em back on the way down. What I love too is I usually use my Lone Wolf Assasin or Assault depending if I want to sit or not and never have to worry in the dark about making noise clanking them into my stand. They also come with a waterproof glow in the dark sticker inside the top portion of the step. This makes it easy to see where to step when coming down in the dark. Also, the steps are big and nonslip. Not many reviews out there (Donovan's is the best!) and some complain they are too bulky but they really are a great system once you get use to them. Hope this helps. P.S. The owner is a really nice guy who will go out of his way to work with you if you want longer straps etc. 10-12 will get you where you want to be. Be safe,Rob

Blue hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue hunter Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention I use a Lone Wolf Assasin as my platform with the Web or Saddle most of the time. I cam lock it to to the tree by pulling the platform up and stepping on the top footrest. I also have a silent ratchet strap that LW use to make I strap to the platform itself around the tree also. The thing becomes seriously ROCK SOLID against the tree and can be used to pivot off of or walk around if need be. You can add a Climbpaw or 2 if you want on either side. Safe hunting, Rob

Blue hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 am

Rob, I'm glad to hear you like them, you say 10 should be good. How high and average does that get you?
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue hunter Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Depending on how high you space em any where between 16' to 20' (platform height). They now come with 6' straps (used to be 5'), if you want them longer just ask ( I think they don't charge much if any at all) They blend in 3d really well with the tree and look like part of it. I like to get off the ground as soon as possible when I find my tree. One of the coolest things about them is you can walk in with them on you ready to climb up as soon as you find your tree...set your lineman's and start climbing taking one off at a time as you go. No fooling around on the ground. When you climb down, putting em over your shoulder one at a time as you go everything is already on you when you get to the ground. You are ready to move out...Stealth factor A++! Don't like sounding like a dying turkey rustling around in the leaves under my tree if at all possible!

Blue hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Blue hunter thanks so much for the help, my plan is to place my order for them toward the end of the month. I will try to give a review on them when I get a good feel for them.
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Climb paws Empty Climb Paws

Post by Okiepublicbowhunter Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:25 pm

I have both climb paws and lone wolf climbing sticks. I prefer to use my lone wolf sticks to get me up the tree and use 4 climb paws on a single strap as my platform when hunting from my treesaddle. The climb paws are super lightweight and quite but i prefer to use as few straps as possible when climbing a tree a hour before sunrise so that's why i prefer the climbing sticks.

Okiepublicbowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Ordered my climb paws today they should be here in 7 days or less. I'm really hoping I will like them ok hopefully I'll love them. Anyway I will do a short review after I try them. Best of luck to everyone with the rut rapidly approaching.
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Ok I got my climb paws and said I would do a short review so here goes. They are pretty much as advertised, weight around 6 lbs total with top paws, climbing height around 16 to 18 feet I would say 20 feet is a real stretch I'm 6'2" and all legs and can't get to 20 feet personal. Set up time around 15 min. Although I'm sure it can be done faster the guy on there web page does it in around 6 min. I'm still on the learning curve, lol. Over all great product, not to bad to carry just throw over your shoulder and your off, installs easy and very quiet. I think I'm going to em.
Climb paws 09FB5073-F086-4A9B-B960-AB9A3F180BB4-1350-00000512B0BBCB28_zpseadefd38
Climb paws 349BB1A9-FCC8-47EA-A562-4D307AE54087-1350-00000512BB2FF94C_zps9e7a5060
Climb paws 1B13989F-7730-40DA-9F06-A52747FAC058-1350-00000512C480C2F8_zps924756db
Pinch Point
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down