PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thistlethwaite WMA Bridge Replacement Underway

Go down

Thistlethwaite WMA Bridge Replacement Underway Empty Thistlethwaite WMA Bridge Replacement Underway

Post by bowonly Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Release Date: 09/25/2013

Sept. 25, 2013 – The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is alerting anyone using Thistlethwaite Wildlife Management Area that the bridge crossing Bayou Wauksha on the east end of Ricefield Road has been closed.

The Ricefield Road bridge over Bayou Wauksha is being replaced by the Williams Gas Company and construction completion is anticipated in July of 2014.

The bridge will be closed to all vehicles, including ATV’s normally allowed for those users with Physically Challenged Permits, and pedestrian traffic.

In addition to the bridge closure, the Williams Gas emergency access road from the end of Rice Field Road to East Road will be closed to all hunting from the road for the duration of the bridge construction project. That road can only be used by Williams Gas personnel to access gas monitoring facilities at the end of Ricefield Road.

Thistlethwaite WMA is located in north central St. Landry Parish, immediately northeast of Washington, off Louisiana Hwy. 10. Access to the WMA via I-49 is also possible by using the Lebeau exit.

For more information, contact Tony Vidrine at LDWF’s Wildlife Division Opelousas field office at 337-948-0255 or tvidrine@wlf.la.gov .
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down