PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have a favorite skinning knife?

Go down

Do you have a favorite skinning knife? Empty Do you have a favorite skinning knife?

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Do you have a favorite skinning knife? For years I used a Buck Zipper with a gut hook, has a birch wood handle and brass butt. I got the knife as a prize for selling many cases of fruit for FFA in high school. I really like the knife, and I would like to give it to my kids or grand kids one day. A couple of years ago I bought a Mora knive classic #1. The steel in this knife is awesome, and it's a Scandinavian grind meaning that it only has one angle leading to the edge versus having two. The handle isn't where it's got it's reputation, it's in the steel. This knife is my work horse now, it is easy to sharpen and it stays sharp longer than my Buck Zipper. The Mora will not win a beauty contest, but it will cut through a lot of hide and meat. The price was $12 when I bought mine, you can't beat that and you don't have to worry about it facing the abuses of hunting either!Do you have a favorite skinning knife? <a href=Do you have a favorite skinning knife? 4D60FCE2-5C6D-46FA-9EC8-4EB3BF286EE3_zpsil9dgq49" />

Do you have a favorite skinning knife? <a href=Do you have a favorite skinning knife? 0F1509ED-7351-4887-B418-BE544EEDF377_zpsctm5jjkf" />
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Do you have a favorite skinning knife? Empty Re: Do you have a favorite skinning knife?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Buck KALINGA I bought it 1976 used it every year since working big game as a skinner. Skinned hundreds of animals and this thing still looks new! Smile
PBS gave me a CRKT skinner similar blade shape to a Bez Tine and this has been used hard as a skinner since late 90s but it is beat down. Worked this knife hard back when we hunted wild hogs year round and it has skinned at least a hundred animals.

both skinners still going.

I still have my original Wyoming Knife I bought in the 70s - I use this to unzip game most of the time - this thing looks new too - I have stainless new blades but I might be on my first pack. I do resharpen on a GATCO and we used Lanskys back in the 70s

I like a mid size Caper for working above the neck and caping work. Own several and this is one type I don't mind getting into custom made knives.

<><
<----------------------------<<<<<<<

Back to top Go down

Do you have a favorite skinning knife? Empty Re: Do you have a favorite skinning knife?

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Sounds like you've got quite the collection there!
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down