PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much needed getaway

2 posters

Go down

Much needed getaway Empty Much needed getaway

Post by stickbndr Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Wednesday can't come quick enough. Our season started on the 5th and I'll finally get to a chance to hit the woods. 2 weeks in the George Washington National Forest. The deer herd has been on a rebound after years being low. Bear are at high numbers and thanks to the past few fronts the water is up in the river, so the fishing should be good too. Hopefully I'll have a story to tell when i return. Best of luck to everyone.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Much needed getaway Empty Re: Much needed getaway

Post by bowonly Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:57 am

Looking forward to hearing how your trip went. God speed and shoot straight.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by stickbndr Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Well, I had to cut the trip short by 5 days. But a good time was had by all. Acorns were hard to find but after three days we narrowed it down. I always invite a friend that happens to be a disabled vet. His only chance to get out hunting each year. He saw a bear and several doe one day, all to far to shoot. Two other days he had 7 toms and 5 bucks under him but didn't know which one to shoot(and I mean 5-15 yrds). just listening to him tell the story, several times, around the fire was worth the trip. Maybe a little "Buck Fever" set in. Found another bunch of acorns and put my nephew on them. Shot his first archery deer, 7pt. As for me, had a big doe under me but just watched her feed and had a large bear the last day feed just out of my comfortable range for the recurve.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:47 am

Awesome that you were able to play a part in your nephew getting his first bowkill! I bet the memories your veteran friend gained on this hunt will fuel him for years to come. Great job stickbndr! Glad you had a great trip.
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down