PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North American Model of Wildlfie Conservation

Go down

North American Model of Wildlfie Conservation Empty North American Model of Wildlfie Conservation

Post by Northwoodslayer Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:55 am

I don't know how many of you read "Traditional Bowhunter" but one of the writers I have been following and really like simply because he champions public land/ hunting rights is David Petersen. He wrote an article in the Feb./Mar. edition of the magazine that covers the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and Public Trust Doctrine.
There are 7 core principles of the NAM.....
1) Wildlife is a public trust resource.
2) Elimination of markets for game.
3)Allocation of wildlife by law.
4)Wildlife should only be killed for a legitamate purpose.
5) Wildlife is considered an international resource.
6)Science is the proper tool for discharge of wildlife.
7) Democracy of hunting

In a nutshell, on a Federal level, the NAM is a guide that keeps special interests, corporations, clubs, etc. from exploiting game on public land. However, these guidelines can be abused on a state level by special interest groups(i.e. game ranchers, land owners, etc.)
I won't go into too much detail about the article as there is so much info but it says what I have been thinking and that we as democratic sportspersons need to insure public hunting opportunities by policing our representatives in government. They need to be on board with us to keep and maintain ou rpublic hunting lands and the animals that live there.
I want to leave you with this paragraph.
"North American sportspersons must wake up to the realization that in the end, it's going to be either captive elk behind fences, to be executed by the wealthy, or free-roaming wild elk to be hunted by all who so choose, following the cherished North American hunting tradition. There can be no compromise. Game farming is utterly incompatable with the maintenance of free-roaming wildlife on this continent, standing in direct opposition to all the basic teneets of the North American Model of WIldlife Conservation and democratic hunting."
Northwoodslayer
Northwoodslayer
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down