PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camo Opinions

5 posters

Go down

Camo Opinions Empty Camo Opinions

Post by nwwaterpolo11 Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 pm

What is your opinion on camo while hunting. Is there a specific pattern you swear by? Do you insist on wearing a matching set? Or is camo just camo(it doesn't matter) Personally, I buy what's on sale and comfy... So Tre-Bark shirt. Longleaf brown pattern pants. Realtree Timber rubber boots. How about the rest of you?
nwwaterpolo11
nwwaterpolo11

Back to top Go down

Camo Opinions Empty Re: Camo Opinions

Post by Uncle Bob Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 am

I think the camo stuff is to capture the hunter not the hunted. Ever see a deer disappear in front of your eyes? They don't wear camo. LOL
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tpcowfish Thu May 03, 2012 9:22 am

Dont really know the correct answer, but i wore some different camo last season for one day, That is touted to be great, and was busted by a small fork horn, looked up at me and was gone. Where i have never been busted wearing my old camo, having deer look up, and not see me, dont know if it was the pattern, material, or color. needless to say, i probably wont wear it again, but would like to find the answer

tpcowfish
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun May 06, 2012 10:22 am

A long time ago I realized that for treestand hunting, just about anything will work. That being said, I like wool, plaid earth tones, & an old favorite spray painted camo pullover I've killed a few deer in. I still love trebark camo too! Urban camo and other military camo, for as cheap as I can find it.

One thing I don't skimp on are top of the line boots & the best wool socks available. Camo is purely personal preference. Scent control & moving at the right times are much more important than what you're wearing. Just my input, it's all good.

Camo Opinions KGrHqFi0E5dmFks6hBOhvUu9yQ60_12

Camo Opinions 2011-10-31194659

Camo Opinions 2011-10-31194614

Camo Opinions KGrHqFi0E6IUU6Y6jBOuIHQM460_12

Last edited by Dave Mullins on Sun May 06, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Sun May 06, 2012 3:03 pm

tpcowfish I don't think the deer busted you because of the pattern of your camo. More than likely it was your silhouette or it caught some movement.
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by tpcowfish Mon May 07, 2012 9:12 am

uncle bob, I will say it was predator fall gray, evening hunt, grey looked almost white, and when i walked out in moonlite, it seemed to be glowing.where the white was,went back to the old army surplus stuff, and mossy oak ect. Dunno if they saw what i saw, (the glowing), I did wash in atsko prior to using it, Only the deer knows i guess

tpcowfish
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Mon May 07, 2012 11:34 pm

I use old school plaid checked wool in the cold and some aftermarket predator camo stuff I picked up for cheap and my old army stuff. I hold to what Dave said about scent and movement times.
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down