PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A reminder from the Louisiana Dept of Wildlife and Fisheries

Go down

A reminder from the Louisiana Dept of Wildlife and Fisheries Empty A reminder from the Louisiana Dept of Wildlife and Fisheries

Post by bowonly Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:42 pm

L.D.W.F. Issues Reminder to Leave Young Deer (Fawns) Undisturbed

June 6, 2012 --The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) is reminding people who encounter what appear to be abandoned young deer, alone in the outdoors, that those fawns should be left undisturbed.

Every year the department receives calls from concerned citizens who have found what they consider to be "abandoned" fawns. Well intentioned, concerned citizens sometimes bring fawns home and then call the department to retrieve and raise them.

LDWF is alerting the public that it is against the law to capture young deer or any other wild animal. If caught transporting or possessing wild deer without a permit, well meaning individuals may be subject to citations and fines.

“Picking up fawns seriously diminishes their chance to live a normal and healthy life,” said Emile Leblanc, LDWF Wildlife Division biologist. “When a fawnis born it is weak, awkward and unable to move well enough to feed and escape predators. However, the newborn fawn has a coat of light brown hair liberally covered with white spots that provides excellent camouflage against predators. The mother doe will remain in the area to feed and nurture the fawn. When the young deer gets older and stronger it will be able to forage for food with its mother.”[
When encountering fawns in the wild, simply leave them untouched and depart quietly from the area. This action will provide the young deer its best chance to survive in the wild and prevent a possible citation for a well intended outdoorsman.
bowonly
bowonly
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down