PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louisiana Hogs

4 posters

Go down

Louisiana Hogs Empty Louisiana Hogs

Post by Louisiana Whitetail Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Anyone got info on hogs at Sherburne, West Bay or Thistlethwaite? I see lots of sign (possibly) but never see hogs in the field.

LW
Louisiana Whitetail
Louisiana Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Louisiana Hogs Empty Re: Louisiana Hogs

Post by Cbigbear Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:06 am

From what I've heard West Bay has the most hogs out of the areas you listed, but I'm sure all hold some hogs. Hogs are tough to hunt without the aid of bait. I find a lot of sign in MS but have never seen a hog. But across the river in Bayou Cocodrie NWR I see hogs on most hunts.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Louisiana Whitetail Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Been a while since I've been to Westbay. I think I found the only acorn producing oak tree out there.
Lack of baiting may be the key. When I had a lease up near Toledo Bend, they were all over the place and it looked like they really liked rubbing on my feeders more than trees.
Louisiana Whitetail
Louisiana Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny52 Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Glad to see some LA activity on this site. We are moving (within the year most likely) to the Baton Rouge area and I have been combing the internet for feed back... of which I have found very little.

I have found two likely area's that we will be checking out but this is going to be a big endeavor for sure, since baiting is illegal on public land. Mad

We are Big time into Hogs and while we love our deer.... they can rest pretty easy as long as we can hunt hogs Very Happy

Tiny52
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:46 pm

There is good hog hunting on several public place within an 1hr 1/2 of Baton Rouge. A few are Sherburne, Cat Island, Red River, & Three Rivers.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Louisiana Whitetail Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Where are they on Sherburne? I have yet to see any hogs Embarassed

Last edited by Louisiana Whitetail on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Louisiana Whitetail
Louisiana Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Cajun Kamikaze Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:36 pm

They move often. I find they are more difficult to hunt than deer on public lands... We run cur dogs year round and take them with our knives.

Cajun Kamikaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down