PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

API crusader climber tree stand

+2
Waiting4Fall
CTbowhunter
6 posters

Go down

API crusader climber tree stand Empty API crusader climber tree stand

Post by CTbowhunter Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Hello,
I'm new to the site and new to bow hunting. Season just opened in CT, not thrilled about hunting from the ground, so I decided to get a stand. Had my eye on the summit viper, but my local cabelas was sold out. Decided to go with the crusader from API. Bear in mind it's my first tree stand... But so far it seems like a good pick up. First with the cons. The adjustment of the chain which raps around the tree is done with a pin mechanism. Not as convenient as the summit trigger system. The pins are attached to the stand (to prevent dropping the pins when they are removed)with a cheap plastic tie that breaks easily. Some zip ties are an easy fix for that. The foot platform isn't the biggest I have seen. Other than that, the stand seems to be comparable to the viper...and at 70 bucks less. It's comfortable and sturdy.

If anyone has any experience with these stands, I would appreciate some feedback. Couldn't find many reviews online today while I was at cabelas... And I was initially a bit hesitant to buy the stand. Decided to go with it as opposed to driving home without a stand at all.

Cheers

CTbowhunter

Back to top Go down

API crusader climber tree stand Empty Re: API crusader climber tree stand

Post by Waiting4Fall Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us. I don't know anything about the stand, but found this info for ya.

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/12031305005517/api-outdoors-api-outdoors-alumi-tech-crusader-climbing-treestand-reviews/reviews.htm

http://www.cabelas.com/climbing-treestands-api-outdoors-crusader-climbing-treestand-1.shtml

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:59 pm

For a climbin stand i like an ol man Smile
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by CTbowhunter Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the links. I would agree with the reviews there. Hoping to harvest my first deer out of it this season.

CTbowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by CTbowhunter Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Well, I'm taking the stand back. The v shaped brace that connecs the chain with the rest of the seat portion of the stand flexes quite a bit. So much so that it was not grabbing the tree very well...which of course I noticed about 20 feet in the air. Only climbed 3 trees with it, cant imagine what it will look like after a season or two.

I have read reviews that tell similar stories / experiences. I think it may be a structural flaw in the design of the stand, and I would not recommend that you buy one. Ordering a summit viper now, which is what I probably should have done in the first place.

Bourbon to quiet the nerves after the brief scare of being stuck in a tree...or worse

CTbowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Sorry to hear about the stand failure. Going with a Summit is a good move. They are very well built stands. One more thing since you said you were new to stands, never leave the ground without your safety harness. Also tie in while climbing not just while hunting.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by CTbowhunter Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'm attached to the tree from the minute I climb in the stand until I climb out.

CTbowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepSouthHunter Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:17 am

As Cbigbear said, you won't regret the Viper purchase. I've had mine for 6 years now and aside from the paint chipping off here and there and having to replace the shrink wrap on the cables every 2 years or so it's been trouble free.
DeepSouthHunter
DeepSouthHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Hey bro I used a Summit Viper for an entire season before I switched over to the Guido's Web. I absolutely loved my viper. Sorry you found out the hard way but I sat in several before I got my viper. Nothing compares. Not gorilla,API,Lone wolf and a few others. The only problem I had was trying to stay awake. In fact I am going to buy other just to have another option in case. I'm looking at the Viper Elite or the Specialized. it's liter than the viper SD.
TN hunter
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down