PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lone wolf hand climber

+2
Blue hunter
redshaft
6 posters

Go down

lone wolf hand climber Empty lone wolf hand climber

Post by redshaft Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:33 pm

just wanted to give guys a heads up, if you have to walk far to your spots or are tired of lugging stands. i finally broke down this year and got a lone wolf hand climber. because it packs so flat and carries well. you dont even notice it there. its really nice stand.. very quiet to set up, take down and climb with. and your not constantly catching limbs with it like i did with my old stand that stuck out from my back, i can sneak in quieter now. only thing i did was throw out the factory straps and get on a military surplus site or eBay and look for molle straps. they are use on a frame for military guys to carry heavy packs. and work perfect for the lone wolf. you can even get the bottom waist straps if you like. but the straps are about 4inch wide and about 1in. thick so i dont even need the waist straps. now its not simple like a sit and climb stand, but if your are in half decent shape you will have no trouble climbing with it.
redshaft
redshaft

Back to top Go down

lone wolf hand climber Empty Re: lone wolf hand climber

Post by Blue hunter Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Congrats on your new stand! One mod I made to mine was xtra padding under the seat and MOLLE backpack straps. I also ordered XL traction belts. A trick I did was I reversed the bolts on the base of the stand so they face out not in. This allows the belt NOT to bottom out like the top portion. I didn't lose any capability of the stock (shorter) traction belts for smaller trees but now can go on larger trees as well!

Blue hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:55 pm

I hunt exclusively with this stand. Great for long hikes,thick cover, leaves a little to be desired on all day sits though. But I'm not hunting for comfort, I'm hunting for deer.

x2 on the XL straps for more flexibility in tree selection, and be sure and check the bolts with an allen wrench periodically to make sure they stay tight.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 pm

I know this post is old but I love my hand climber as well. I climb trees with a few branches as well and just climb around them. I did just buy an alpha and sticks for a few areas that I cannot get a climber. All Lone Wolf stands are awesome.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo Wed May 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Guido's Web guys?
Spauldo
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:42 pm

I tried the Guidos Web and didn't like it.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 am

I have loc ons and climbing stands, but like my Lone Wolf Hand climber best. I did hack saw the whole seat section out, leaving only side rails, back rail and part that binds into the tree.

Mine is a real old one and the seat was a torture chamber, so bad I wouldn't use the stand..so it was a last ditch move. I put a piece of James's Hazemore net with a Deluxe Gorilla seat pad on it between the rails to sit on and can sit as long as I want. I definitely don't recommend anyone else doing this to their stand..it's probably not safe.

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 am

I still use my Lone Wolf hand climber and love it. If I am going down into swamps where the trees are Gnarly I just carry 1 or 2 of my sticks with me hand use the stand as a lock on.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down