PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bale of hay for target

4 posters

Go down

bale of hay for target Empty bale of hay for target

Post by PineywoodsBow Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm looking for an alternative to expensive targets. What do you guys think about a square bale of hay? How long will it last? What does it cost to get one? Thinking about getting one and pinning a paper target on it. any thoughts?
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

bale of hay for target Empty Re: bale of hay for target

Post by Waiting4Fall Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Sand is great, and never wears out. Also you could get a cheap 3d deer, and repair the core with the expanding foam in a can.

Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saxton Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm

PineywoodsBow wrote:I'm looking for an alternative to expensive targets. What do you guys think about a square bale of hay? How long will it last? What does it cost to get one? Thinking about getting one and pinning a paper target on it. any thoughts?

I use to shoot bales of hay with a paper plate target all of the time with a recurve and Whitetail Hunter compound.

When I started shooting more weight and faster compounds; the hay would not stop the arrow.

Saxton

Back to top Go down

Post by PineywoodsBow Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 pm

thats what I was wondering, whether it would stop a compound. thanks.
PineywoodsBow
PineywoodsBow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 am

Saxton wrote:
PineywoodsBow wrote:I'm looking for an alternative to expensive targets. What do you guys think about a square bale of hay? How long will it last? What does it cost to get one? Thinking about getting one and pinning a paper target on it. any thoughts?

I use to shoot bales of hay with a paper plate target all of the time with a recurve and Whitetail Hunter compound.

When I started shooting more weight and faster compounds; the hay would not stop the arrow.

X2, a bale of hay is no match for todays modern compound and crossbows. In fact, here in Maryland there was an accident with a crossbow shooter taking a ricochet to the head after the arrow passed through the bale and hit a stone.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:54 am

I have never shot anything but bare hay bales in my yard for daily practice. 3 of em cost about $12 - I do stack one set behind the other since my tackle shoots through the first set most of the time. I cut a sheet of plywood and put a flat roof over each which keeps them dry and this is why they last 6 months. The sand pit is the best for broadhead flight tuning. I shoot in my yard in a neighborhood so I do not use 3D target. My bales are completely quiet - safe - never have an arrow bounce off. This is for during the week - scout days - days off - and midday while hunting we stump shoot w judos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down