PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid

2 posters

Go down

D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid Empty D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:17 am

I did not come up with this, I found it on the internet and made a couple, and took pictures along the way. These work great for teaching you to use your back and not your shoulder. Once you try one, it will show you whether or not you use your back and pull through the shot, or not. It also helps to stop "creeping" on your shot. I saw Rod Jenkins use one of these on Masters of the Barebow III, and found some directions on how to make one. Great tool. God bless.

34" of 1" nylon webbing... or a ratchet strap would work
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16230545_zpsb55ab0d7" />

Using the punch from the grommet kit.
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16230621_zps88d54cd8" />

Fold webbing in half. Place the 1/4" grommet in the cut holes.
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16230730_zpsedaf047d" />

Connect the washer with the 1/4" grommet.
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16230921_zps2a404779" />

Grommet now set.
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16230935_zps3d5b92df" />

Sew a line 1.25" from the folded end, creating a small loop.
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16232429_zpse78b39c8" />

Attach 30" of paracord to grommet.
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16232537_zps5b741df8" />

Pull paracord and grommet end through the sewn loop.
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16232618_zps81773658" />

Loop paracord around bow string, and pull nylon webbing through the loop in paracord.
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16232804_zps19d42f14" />

Place paracord below the nock and pull tight. Watch videos on how to use this device. Run your drawing arm through the nylon webbing having a strap on either side of your elbow and pull bow back.
D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid <a href=D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid 2013-08-16232825_zpsb72c9f92" />
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid Empty Re: D.I.Y "Form Master" Training Aid

Post by Wolfshead Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:31 am

That is very cool!
I am going to have to try this
Thanks for the post
Wolfshead
Wolfshead
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:47 pm

There are videos on youtube that show how to use it without an arrow and with an arrow. I attach mine below the nock like Rod teaches, because if it does slip and its above the nock, the limb will probably hit you in the face.

I found it online then made a couple, just wanted to share.
Backwaters Bowhunter
Backwaters Bowhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down