PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Your Favorite Camo for Hunting?

+4
Parkersdad
bowonly
SlowBow
madeforthewoods
8 posters

Go down

What's Your Favorite Camo for Hunting? Empty What's Your Favorite Camo for Hunting?

Post by madeforthewoods Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Just thought this would be a fun topic for everyone. I have so many different patterns, probably more than 90% of people. I'm kind of a collector LOL. But I think my favorite would either be the OLDER version of Realtree Hardwoods Gray, back b4 they put UV in the dyes, or I have some LongLeaf Brown Fleece that I really like too. No UV in that either. Both patterns work well for me.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite Camo for Hunting? Empty Re: What's Your Favorite Camo for Hunting?

Post by SlowBow Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 am

I think my favorite is discontinued, or at least one I can no longer find, Skyline Apparition. Still wear the one pair of pants I have. I also had an old Mossy Oak Bottomland pattern I loved, but that shirt finally self destructed. The funny thing is nowadays I only get a few seasons or so out of my camo before it fades.

That older stuff, even the bottomland shirt, wore out and and tore up without noticeable color loss, even after my excessive paranoid scent washing. Wish they would make more colorfast camo clothes. Seems like everything fades before wearing out now.

One trick I have learned to help break yourself up even more is to wear different pants and shirt patterns. Wearing the same shirt and pants pattern or coveralls doesn't break you up as well as switching them up.
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite Camo for Hunting? Empty Re: What's Your Favorite Camo for Hunting?

Post by bowonly Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:33 am

I was always a fan of the old Mossy Oak Bottomland and Treestand patterns strictly for eye appeal. For concealment and breaking up the human outline, I like the new digital patterns by Sitka.....just can't justify spending the money to get a set of them. I have started small by purchasing a beanie and gloves in the forest optifade pattern. LOL!
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:06 am

Yes Skyline Apparition is awesome, I have some myself in the Green, XT & Snow colors. I was sad to see them go out of business. Actually there is a sport shop I go to once in a while who still carries a lot of Skyline stuff. He still has brand new vintage Camo patterns, skyline, trebark, old realtree, etc that still has original tags on it. I love shopping there. Slowbow if you want I can look for some Skyline for you and ship it to you.
   And yes bowonly, I'm in the boat with you on sitka and optifade. Great Camo but pri-cy! I actually got some Atacs Camo I really like, kind of similar type of pattern. It was decently priced too.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:18 pm

madeforthewoods wrote:Yes Skyline Apparition is awesome, I have some myself in the Green, XT & Snow colors. I was sad to see them go out of business. Actually there is a sport shop I go to once in a while who still carries a lot of Skyline stuff. He still has brand new vintage Camo patterns, skyline, trebark, old realtree, etc that still has original tags on it. I love shopping there. Slowbow if you want I can look for some Skyline for you and ship it to you.
   And yes bowonly, I'm in the boat with you on sitka and optifade. Great Camo but pri-cy! I actually got some Atacs Camo I really like, kind of similar type of pattern. It was decently priced too.
Really? I had no idea that stuff was even still out there. If he does have a large shirt, or a slacks in a 33x32 next time you get out that way let me know, I'd be glad to work out arrangements to have it shipped.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:13 am

Ok will do. Tell you what, send me a member-to-member message with your email or cell and I'll message you when gonna head that way. And I can send you pics/prices/whatever so I dont end up buying something you dont want or thats too pricey. But normally this guy is pretty reasonable. I think he buys factory close outs and such. Shoot, he still has original trebark with tags, even the old grey bark! LOL
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Anyway getting back to camos, I agree with you about different pants & tops pattern wise. When ground hunting I like to wear 3D leafy or Ghillie pants and a tree type pattern jacket. Seems to work well. And real leaves seem to cling to the Ghillie pants very well to add realism. And I find that wearing a Ghillie or leafy top & bottom together seems to get deer to look at me, like they know a pile if leaves shouldnt be that big.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:38 pm

Never been a big fan of ghillie, just not me.
SlowBow
SlowBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:07 am

I like it all. Really I am not picky about camo pattern. I did like the old Treebark pattern when you could buy it.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:38 pm

This budget bow hunter likes what evers on the clearance rack at the end of the season. Although I do really like the looks of the Optiafade Concealment Forest by SITKA.
north woods archer
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Have not tried the optifade, looks good though. I also forgot to mention ASAT Camo. I love that stuff. It works very well in my experience.
madeforthewoods
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyGator Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:34 am

I try to find items to match the area-season I'm hunting, mix in the temps I find myself limited. not much of a color change in Florida for the most part and light weight hunting clothes are a must for me. I buy a lot of mossy oak break-up infinity, bp has them in a lightweight material i like. I like the real tree stuff for pine woods. I think My favorite is the real tree timberline. kinda plain, I don't have any hunting clothes in that pattern, but I like it.
DirtyGator
DirtyGator
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyt Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Here in S. Il. Shawnee National Forest where I hunt now I start off in the spring gobbler season..if the woods have greened up..with Mossy Oak Obsession. If they haven't greened up yet I use ASAT.

Oct.1st deer opens and I use ASAT  and Mossy Oak Obession when the leaves start getting a lot of yellow..mostly hickory. There's two colors in the Mossy Oak Obsession and one has more yellow and matches perfect with the yellow hickory leaves.

When it gets cold I use ASAT and Cabela's Outfitters.

hoyt
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by cityhunter Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:25 pm

ASAT for me. I have the leafy suit and love it. Next year i will be experimenting with some earth toned plaid possibly. Saw a guy who kills tons of deer and his moto is to do it with 0 camo...and with traditional equipment. Looks like it would be a fun challenge.

cityhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down