PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite WMA?

+2
Waiting4Fall
Uncle Bob
6 posters

Go down

What is your favorite WMA? Empty What is your favorite WMA?

Post by Uncle Bob Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 am

I'll start. Mine is Rocky Gutter in Middleboro. Easy access, lots of deer, lots of woods and swamp. I've seen the biggest deer of my life there.

Anyone else?
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite WMA? Empty Re: What is your favorite WMA?

Post by Waiting4Fall Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Great thread!!! You're gettin "repped" Uncle Bob! Very Happy

This is my absolute fav place to hunt. I believe it's because of all the years, time, blood, sweat, & tears I've put nto this place. I hunt it in the fall/winter/spring. I mountain bike, & run it in the summer. This where I killed my first trad deer. I'll be filming the spot & doing a hunt there, this season, to share the story & memory. That sign at the top of our page is the origional Amherst sign. I just modded it for this forum.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amherst-Plymouth_Wildlife_Management_Area

Oddly enought I hunted this place, well before I even knew Amhesrt even existed. This was the place I got my first, ever shot & miss on a deer. When I grabbed a second arrow from the quiver, the broadhead touched the string & a few strands went, tink, tink, tink!
The spot is well over an hour all up hill to the most beautiful ridge White oak flat you could hope for. I'm talking 2 opposing rows of white oaks that are easily as wide as a man, they are very huge! I've never seen another place like it, since being there well over 20 yrs ago. I'm gonna do a hunt there too, just to share the area with yall on here.
This was also the wma where a close, childhood buddy made his first trad kill. I was in another spot, & he was yellin up a storm for me. We drug that deer on a "2 man hang pole, it was just a priceless memory.

As long as these 2 pieces of land exist, I don't care if I hunt anywhere else or not. They are my homes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnsville_Lake_Wildlife_Management_Area

Last edited by Dave Mullins on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 am

Sandy Creek WMA in MS is my favorite. I bought a camp next to the WMA a few years ago but only started really hunting it last year. I killed my best bow buck last season there and have high hopes of getting my first trad kill there next year.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:25 pm

My favorite LA WMA is Pomme de Terre WMA. I grew up hunting there and have killed the majority of the deer in my life there. It's not very big but provides enough cover, food and tough places to get to that allows the bucks to grow old. I'm still searching for my favorite MO WMA. I have only hunted Indian Hills CA and really like it but I am planning on trying a new one this year.
bowonly
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxerjake77 Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:50 pm

I've scouted Burrage Pond WMA( great cedar swamp ) in Hanson/Halifax early last season, very close to home, but never ended up hunting there....

Boxerjake77

Back to top Go down

Post by ECasella1981 Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 pm

my fav wma is eugene moran in windsor, ma. why? because i live on the wma border, i wont say what part Smile where i hunt is very little pressure due to not many hunters having easy access to where i can enter/ hunt. most of what you'll see on this map is either wma, state forrest or wca. basically i can hunt my town, i love my town!!!

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/wma/westernwma/eugenedmoranwma.pdf
ECasella1981
ECasella1981

https://www.facebook.com/eddie.casella

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:16 am

Cool, how have you been doing in there?
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by ECasella1981 Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:01 pm

honestly, ive only ever hunted in there for pheasant, grouse, turkey. just started bowhunting last year and didnt really try my hand in there until the end of the season last year. been scouting it out though and the deer activity is ridiculous, lots of deer! can't wait!
ECasella1981
ECasella1981

https://www.facebook.com/eddie.casella

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Bob Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 am

Good luck in there! 15 more days!
Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down