PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod
PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. James Kroll aka "Dr. Deer" Definitely Not A Fan Of Public Land Hunting

5 posters

Go down

Dr. James Kroll aka "Dr. Deer" Definitely Not A Fan Of Public Land Hunting Empty Dr. James Kroll aka "Dr. Deer" Definitely Not A Fan Of Public Land Hunting

Post by Waiting4Fall Sat May 19, 2012 10:00 am

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/deer-news/dr-deer-wisconsin-report-will-high-fence-hunting-bias-skew-final-plan
Waiting4Fall
Waiting4Fall
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

https://publiclandbowhunters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dr. James Kroll aka "Dr. Deer" Definitely Not A Fan Of Public Land Hunting Empty Re: Dr. James Kroll aka "Dr. Deer" Definitely Not A Fan Of Public Land Hunting

Post by SlowBow Sat May 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Really disturbing. But hunting has been heading in this direction for a while, with the industry more worried about selling products and big bucks than the enjoyment of the hunt, perverting the hunt into farming whitetails to make a buck, and QDM advocates trying to convince people its all about growing bone.

We should put this guy and David Petersen in one of his fenced enclosures for a weekend (hehehe)
SlowBow
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Dr. James Kroll aka "Dr. Deer" Definitely Not A Fan Of Public Land Hunting Empty Re: Dr. James Kroll aka "Dr. Deer" Definitely Not A Fan Of Public Land Hunting

Post by Cbigbear Sat May 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Dr. Deer's approach is more like deer farming than deer hunting.
Cbigbear
Cbigbear

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow Fri May 25, 2012 9:51 pm

So here is Dr Krolls retort of the blog. Lets hope it is the way he actually feels, and not a damage control article because he is now feeling heat from the "political" powers above him over his past musings.

http://www.ultimateoutdoorsradio.com/where-i-stand-dr-james-c-kroll-wisconsin-white-tailed-deer-trustee/outdoor-news/
SlowBow
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the reaper Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:38 am

As a Wisconsinite, I do not think I am going to be his biggest fan.He must realize he is not managing his 10,000 acre texas ranches anymore, he should get in touch with reality.Not everyone of us were handed down acreage from our family no insult meant towards those that were just this is the reality of life!
the reaper
the reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 am

huh, that feller never had to hunt on public land apparently. Ive run into similar articles and points of veiws here in alabama. Here we callem rich dentists so to speak. The one who makes 200,000 dollers a year and thought it would be cool to go huntin so he shells out the 20 grand, kills him a 200 inch deer and is now the greatest deer hunter in the world. well i got news for mr. Kroll any body can go out and shoot a cow with a high powered rifle, but why would you want to its a dad gum cow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same goes for his pen raised genetically engineered creatures. he says he is making the deer heard better, he is a blithering idiot you cant naturally bring a deer from michigan and expect it to survive naturally in florida or alabama OR TEXAS(so you cross breedem to make something all kinds of unatural). So you have to putem in a fence and farm them and make sure they get everything they need or they will kick tha buckett. We have ranches here in alabama that do the exact same thing he does. this is really sad because this is the kind of thing that the non hunting public hears about and especially PETA. they dont see the people who hunt on public land or the man who finally had the ability to own his land and really trully manage it for whitetailed deer, they see people like Kroll and they get it in their heads that this is all hunting is and that is the kind of thing that can ruin us all. A region has its own native population of deer. each one will be different due to climate, nutrition, and genetics. In florida the deer are naturally smaller in size(particularly body weight) because it doesnt get very cold down there so they have no need to be bulky, this is somethin that these deer have naturally adapted to. Now a deer in sascatchawan(sorry dont got a clue hoe to spell that) could be pushin 350lbs cause it needs to be that big to survive. now if you switched these deer's places each one would be dead in no time. this is what high fence breeders oppinion of improving the deer heard is. Dumb aint it. Now if you want to see real results are take a peice of property in alabama, now we got one of the most screwed up gene pools around, but say you had 10 thousand acres here and you wanted to have deer comparible to those in say michigan,impossible you say WRONG, AGE,NUTRITION,AND GENETICS is the three key factors to deer heard improvement age being most important cause if he is dead he will NOT get bigger. now if you establish good management tactics like this: Kill the seed out of does and this will take care of your genetics because the less does the more your bucks will have to branch out thus creating a pure strain of genetics. nutrition being the fact that your deer always have a good food source year round because after the rut and the deer have dropped their antlers they will eat a ton snd deer that has to go to thefore couners of the earth to get some groceries wont have as big a set of antlers as the on who could sleep in the pine thickett right next to his corn or soybean feild. follow me. doing this will naturally bring result to some gargantuan bucks. i tell you this because i ve seen it first hand my brothers buddy manages 12 thosand acres of what used to be a dog running club and after 8 years of good management techniques it is now the home of 150 class and up deer, harvesting deer 5 years and up only, its a shame what this kroll man is doing to hunting he does not know who all he effects. sorry for talkin so much
vortex1
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down